Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connections and the Sim accounts

Hi,

When connection is made to the 1st broker and I add new Sim accounts, how do the new Sim accounts connect? Is it through the 1st broker and what the 1st broker data feed gives?

Also, if I have, say, 4 Sim accounts (i.e. Sim 101,102,103,104) are the NT accounts or actual broker Sim accounts set up inside of NT for that specific broker?

Do the Sim accounts behave just like a account designated with a specific account number in NT as well? Sometimes broker Sim account have their own Sim account number...for example DEMOAMP1289 or similar.

I also notice if I set up a few Sim accounts with CQG for example when it is the 1st connection made in NT and then close the connection and open say Zen Fire, those accounts are able to be traded in Zen Fire too?

So, please explain how the creation of the Sim accounts are made and the reliability of being Sim traded for each particular broker (as far as each brokers nuances, executions, speed, etc in the Sim 101 etc accounts vs. the accounts that have actual names for the demo accounts assigned in NT...some have that and some don't).

Thanks...

Hi birdog.

Thank you for your post.

Regardless of how many sim accounts you create the first connected feed will be used to provide data:

Each account is specific to NinjaTrader and will rely on the data from the first connected provider, and will function as if they were sim101 accounts, but with different names:

These sim accounts would behave differently than a broker provided demo since NinjaTrader would treat an account that is not native to NinjaTrader as a live account even though the broker knows the account is a demo account:

Since those accounts would be included as part of the broker connection then when you connect they would be visible within NinjaTrader, but the data would still be from the first connection.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan,

Thank you...

1. If the Sim accounts would behave differently than a actual demo account number provided by a provider, it what ways would they behave differently?

2. Would the Sim accounts be just as accurate that a demo provided account number in Ninja or would using a demo provided actual account number in NT be more accurate and reliable?

3. Or, is the behavior differences between Sim 101 etc accounts and demo account number assigned account only small and negligible?

4. Which method is most accurate and true to a live/real account (as far as speed, dynamics, fills, data, etc) with the same provider.

Thanks again...

Comment

birdog,

1. The sim accounts attempt to duplicate market conditions, but in terms of brokerage fills there may be differences:

2. I can not say since the methods used by NinjaTrader will vary by whether they are simulated or if they are broker provided based on the provider:

3. In most cases the differences would be general based on the general risks of trading:

4. This is something I can not say due to the variances between providers you are using, but based on the nature of the sim101 account then it would provide a good simulation engine regardless of provider.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes