Collapse

NT + TWS plotting tomorrows data already today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please send a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and we can schedule a phone call with remote assistance. I can take a look from here to see if everything is working as expected.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use IB as my primary feed and have no other connections setup, today I had no stock data updating at all. Currency/Futures/Indicies seemed to work fine. IB charting showed all data from min to daily...

I am on NT 7.0.1000.6 and TWS API dated 5/3/11 TWS 917.8 I am on EST...

Comment

JackOfAllTrades,

There is a current issue affecting daily equities and their default session templates. We hope to resolve soon, but for now you can work around by changing the session template to Default 24 / 7. Right click on chart > Data Series > Change session template to Default 24 / 7.

Comment

Ryan, I tried that earlier, had no luck, tried several templates. If I use 24/7 right now on 60min and Daily shows only to last Friday on NASD and NYSE stocks...

Comment

Jack,

I would hint at your PC clock. Make sure it's set to the current day / time. If you're still having trouble, please send in a note to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. Let us know you're having trouble viewing current IB intraday data, and have already changed the session template to Default 24 / 7.

Comment

email sent and referenced this thread... Thanks... FWIW I just tried again before sending and still same...

Comment

Ryan Thank you for the help today. Changing the timezone of the PC to Eastern Time made it work much better.

Now there is still one odd thing happening if you bear with me:
                between 17 & 18 Eastern time the daily bar stopped updating but the minute chart is still updating:

Not much movement at this time of day and the difference is small, but still, shouldnt it continue the daily bar until Thursday 00:00 and not stop it at Wednesday between 17 & 18?

Might sound like I am just looking for oddities but I am taking systems live and need to have an understanding of whats going on and I cant find these things in manuals.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working better for you. Yes, it makes sense to be familiar with how daily bars work as there can be a lot of variation across providers. It's certainly understandable you want to get all kinks worked out before taking live.

Unfortunately, there are current issues with release 6 affecting daily bars for some session templates, making this a little more challenging to sort out. We will resolve these issues for release 7.

To work around this, we suggest using simulated daily bars, like 1440 minutes. These bars will also obey your session template definitions. You may also consider rolling back to release 5 and evaluating there, which does not have the same issue.

Comment

Hi,

Downgraded to .5
                    Even though I have TZ as eastern this latest issue still exists.

Comment

Its probably just that the daily bars for FX spot are cut off also when CME session for futures ends.
                      Seems to be a small but not big difference in when IB and Kinetick ends their daily bars.

However the minute data after that wasnt started in a new bar. But probably it still gets later included in a new daily bar for the next day although the calendar hasnt really switched yet in Eastern Time, otherwise there would be more gaps visible on a daily chart.

Comment

Thanks for the update. For this situation you should really weigh the benefits of using daily bars from the provider or using simulated daily bars built from minute data. 1440 minute bars may work better than trying to fit with the provider's definitions of a daily bar. You have more control and transparency using this rather than daily.

That said -- you should still expect similar updating in NinjaTrader as you might see in their native application, so let us know if there's an issue to look into here. When the daily bars stop updating in Ninja, what does the same type chart look like in TWS? What session template is applied in NinjaTrader? If it's been modified from the built-in session definitions, please let us know exactly how the times are defined.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post George21  
                        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                        8 responses
                        0 likes