NT + TWS plotting tomorrows data already today

One would think it was funny.

But it isnt at all.

As you can see from the SS:

-Data manager shows no data for tomorrow
    -Chart started plotting tomorrows bar today

On the newest TWS+NT

Hello Naxo79,

This can happen based on the session template time zone relative to your own time zone. You can check the following to make sure all are accurate.
    • Your computer clock
    • Your time zone.
    • The session template selected. Right Click > Data Series to check this.
    • The session template definitions. Check with Tools > Session Manager.

If you can let us know how these are all set, we can check into what settings may work better for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here's the info:

The only thing that sticks out is the TZ in session manager, however those settings work with ZF.

Comment

Thank you for including those screenshots. I'm not seeing those results here with the same settings. Can you please check NT version? Help > About. Upgrade if you're not currently running 7.0.100.6

TWS version 917. Can download here.

Then, delete data and try again. Using Tools > Historical data manager, edit tab. Right click on the most recent day of data > delete. Let us know if this does not correct the issue.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I could maybe as workaround set the PC's TZ to Eastern Time. PC doesnt do anything other than running strategies.

Except maybe then I would start running into problems with backtesting etc. on other PC's with different TZ's.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
            Thank you for including those screenshots. I'm not seeing those results here with the same settings. Can you please check NT version? Help > About. Upgrade if you're not currently running 7.0.100.6

TWS version 911. Can download here.

Then, delete data and try again. Using Tools > Historical data manager, edit tab. Right click on the most recent day of data > delete. Let us know if this does not correct the issue.
            I have the most recent of both. NT 7.0.100.6 and your TWS link leads to 917, which I have.

Edit: It also happened on 911.
            This happens also after deleting data.

Comment

Thanks for the update and your patience. I'm seeing it now here. To resolve you should change the session template time zone to use your own local time zone.

Comment

Tried it, but it still happens.

Comment

Tried changing the PC's TZ to EST but didnt help.

Another problem is that it doesnt show the data correctly. Should I start a new thread for this issue?

From the SS you can see that SGDJPY high was above 66 today and the data exists in NT, but it doesnt show it on either todays or tomorrows bar. And its not available to my strategies.

Comment

I see. It's working as expected unless you make changes to the session template. You are currently in the session template that's expected to end at 12:00 AM 6/ 1/ 11 and the time stamp of the bar matches that.

If you make it end at Tuesday 11:59 PM the time stamp should be 5/ 31.

For data availability where you are not seeing the high on a chart, be sure to check for this value on a minute chart, where the value appears.

Comment

I see. It's working as expected unless you make changes to the session template. You are currently in the session template that's expected to end at 12:00 AM 6/ 1/ 11 and the time stamp of the bar matches that.

If you make it end at Tuesday 11:59 PM the time stamp should be 5/ 31.
                      Sorry dont understand.
                      Havent made any changes to templates from default installation.

For data availability where you are not seeing the high on a chart, be sure to check for this value on a minute chart, where the value appears.
                      Yes its visible on minute chart.
                      So it doesnt build the daily bars from minute bars?

Comment

You should make changes to the session template or select a different one. The session definition crosses over into tomorrow. Change it so that instead of ending at 12:00 AM midnight, it ends at 11:59 PM.

Daily bars are not built from minute data. For more information on this, see the following link, then Understanding the underlying base data type required for constructing various chart bars

Comment

You should make changes to the session template or select a different one. The session definition crosses over into tomorrow. Change it so that instead of ending at 12:00 AM midnight, it ends at 11:59 PM.

Daily bars are not built from minute data. For more information on this, see the following link, then Understanding the underlying base data type required for constructing various chart bars
                          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._are_built.htm
                          This does not happen when connected to ZF.
                          So if I change the session template it stops working when I am connected to ZF?

Ok, thanks for the minute vs. daily.

Comment

It depends what session template is applied for ZF and also if you receive a real time update for it. If you have any session templates that cross session boundaries like the Default 24 / 7 one, then there's possibility of seeing a time stamp advanced one day. All the factors listed earlier for AUDUSD also apply to ZF. - What time zone, time, session template time zone, session template selected?

Comment

Exactly identical everything.

Only instrument is NQ instead of FX.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888