Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Default, Saving Charts and Instrument Lists

Would appreciate help on the flwg:

1. Is there a way to default all chart displays to US Eastern Time 0930 to 1600 RTH? I tried selecting Default 25/7 and US Equities RTH with US eastern timezone in Session Manager but the charts display 0700 to 1300.

2. I have been getting sporadic data from IB and TDA, I have checked Tools>Options>Data>Save chart data as historical to save the data that I managed to fill. Is there a way to use the saved chart data individually?

3. In the chart window Instrument selector (top left hand corner), can a different list other than the default list be inserted?

Thanks

Hello davel,

Thank you for your post.

1) Please use the CME US Index Futures RTH session tempalte. This will give you data from 9:30 AM CST to 3:15PM CST.

2) Can you clarify what you mean by use the saved chart data individually?

3) Only the default instrument list can be accessed from this menu. If you have instruments you wish to be able to select from the chart, please make sure they're in your default instrument list.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your prompt response.

1. I selected CME US Index Futures RTH template as suggested. Attached are two screen shots of NT connected to TDA and IB respectively, one at a time for test purposes. I've included a window each from TDA's StrategyDesk and IB's platform to illustrate that the data feed is live and synced with Market Analyzer.

With TDA, I get the HDR 400 and "Failure to backfill" messages all the time. With IB, I frequently get a blank chart. In both cases, note that the charts are not updating after initial loading. I've noticed the chart sometimes display data outside regular hours.

Any suggestions? I also wonder about the choice of the template you suggested. Why not use US Equities RTH template instead as I'm a stock trader? I tried a custom template which didn't work.

A related question - the Market Analyzer time column displays my computer clock time . Is there a way to display NY market time instead?

2. From Historical Data Manager, I could see chart data that I have saved previously. Is there a way to load the stored data into NT charts?

Thanks.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello davel,

Thank you for your post.

1) Please use the CME US Index Futures RTH session tempalte. This will give you data from 9:30 AM CST to 3:15PM CST.

2) Can you clarify what you mean by use the saved chart data individually?

3) Only the default instrument list can be accessed from this menu. If you have instruments you wish to be able to select from the chart, please make sure they're in your default instrument list.
      Attached Files

Comment

davel,

Thanks for the clarification.

In this case, you would want to use US Equities RTH. I mistakenly gave you a session template for CME Futures. Please try this with the US Equities RTH and let me know if you see further issues.

If you would like your charts and market analyzer to go off of NY time, you would need to change your local PC clock to Eastern Standard Time zone.

If the data is saved in the historical data manager, you should be able to load this data. Please try going to Tools--> Options--> Data tab and uncheck "Get data from server (if avaialble).

This will disable to automatic fetching of historical data from the servers and will rather pull this data from your local data base. If you wish to update your charts from the servers, you would need to right click on the chart and select "Reload All Historical Data'.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes