daily data backtest problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daily data backtest problem

after upgrading to latest version,i tried backtesting using sample ma strategy.i get results with all minute intervals.but when i use daily data it shows no results,just blank.is anybody facing similar issue??

U could be missing the data

Or some parameter unfulfilled

Comment

Originally posted by easyfying View Post
      after upgrading to latest version,i tried backtesting using sample ma strategy.i get results with all minute intervals.but when i use daily data it shows no results,just blank.is anybody facing similar issue??
      What datafeed and symbol are you using? What session template is set as default for your symbol used?
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i tried backtesting fdax.the problem started after i upgraded to version 6.first i didnt any data on my daily chart.then as per advise i changed the session to 24/5 and then i got the chart displayed.but in backtesting as soon as i choose time period as daily ,i have no possibilty of setting a session template and i get no results.all works well with minute periods.i now deleted version 6 and back with version 7.10.5 where all works well with no problems.
        another question is there a possibilty that i cancode in my strategy the session i want to use.
        aft

Comment

Correct, you could not choose a backtesting session template, however it would have helped to set the default session template NT would use for your symbol, that's something you can set in the Instrument Manager for each master instrument.

The applied session template could unfortunately not be hardcoded into the script.

Comment

thank you for responding to my query.As u suggested i should change the session to default session in instrument manager.i think it should work.however i dont want to set it to default.the session i use is eurex equity futures.and changing it to default 24/5 allows for errors in minute charts.i want to ensure my data provider doesnt send me any data beyond this session time.the session closes at 10 pm and if i set it to 24/5,it is possible i get erroneous data deliverd after 10 pm.with version 5 it is possible to use eurex equity session and still use multitime strategy with daily and minute charts.however in version 6,this is a problem
            thank you.

Comment

Correct, this is currently a known issue in the R6 release unfortunately, which we would fix for R7 - in the meantime you could downgrade to R5 to get your old, expected behavior back.

Comment

thank u for the wonderfull support.i really appriciate .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB