Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO - internet outage

Hello,

I want to ask if I understand right that OCO only works with Set-Statements but eg not with "exitshortstop" and on the other side with a profit-target with conditions? Or is there any idea how it works as OCO with conditions and not with Set-Statements?

I want to share my thoughts about this: if one does an OCO and the connection to broker is working then everything is fine. But once the connection is interrupted then there are 2 non related orders on brokers-server as OCO is handled on the PC. Therefore I think it makes sense to send only a stoploss that resides on brokers server and the profit-target is handled on Ninja computer. If connection is working, everything is fine again but when connection is interrupted (one need a fire-insurance only for burning!) then there´s the stoploss on brokers server and the trade is safe (as there is no other non-related order then). But it might occur that there is an issue in NinjaTrader as there´s no OCO by definition in this case. When trading manually this is no problem but within automated strategy one order might not cancel other under certain conditions.

I hope I could help fellows with this thoughts - as I have been already in an internet-outage with a trade - and I hope there´s some idea how to solve best.

Happy trading!
    Tony

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

This does not relate to what order method you use in NinjaScript. This actually related by who your broker is? Who is your broker?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello,

With the below said however, Would like to quickly mention that you cannot OCO link ExitLongStop and ExitLongLimit orders together. To do this would require the unmanaged approach to order entry.

However its best to use the set statements. Would suggest using the follinwg to modify your set stops and profit targets in code:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin