MB Trading bracket orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading bracket orders

Hi,first post and i have a question i haven't been able to get the complete answer through the search option.
    As i understand it entering a market order in chart trader with a bracket means the bracket does not sit in the NT or MB servers but rather in the clients PC.
    Is there a way to ensure the "stop loss" at least is placed on the NT or MB server?
    Would say entering a buy at market and immediately after entering a sell stop at the desired level, ensure it sits on the brokers server?
    Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the forum.

This depends on your broker on where do orders reside. Please see this link for more information on this and let me know if you have any questions.

Where do orders reside:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

MB Trading
    Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on MBT's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
    OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

This shows that the stop order itself is located on the brokers / exchanges servers. However if for example in a situation where you have a profit target and a stop loss OCO linked so that if one is filled the other is cancelled in this case if NinjaTrader was disconnected if the PT got filled then the SL would not be cancelled. Since OCO is native from NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rocketman7