Autoscale on 2 Draw Tools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoscale on 2 Draw Tools...

Hi...autoscale on the Fibonacci Circle tool seems to be haywire...

Autoscale on the Trend Channel tool seems to be overly sensitive upon an initial setup in some autoscale situations...

Video on this at...
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks...
    Last edited by Alfred; 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM.

Hello

Thank you for your post.

I am not able to see the settings you have input in the Fibonacci configuration edit dialog (the top of this dialog is cut off from view). Please clarify which values you are using.

For this example, please provide the exact steps you are taking that will allow us to reproduce this issue. Please also make sure you perform the sequence on a new chart without any indicators or custom chart templates.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here are screen shots of draw tool properties on both tools...

Place the anchor line only of the Fibo Circle tool on a chart (no auto scale)...then change to auto scale...chart goes haywire...remove autoscale... chart returns to normal...

Place the Trend Channel tool ...(with autoscale enabeled)...on a chart in a situation where auto scale will be triggered...you will see the behavior shown in the video...

Thanks....
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alfred; 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Hello Alfred

I see that you have 0.0% values input for all Fibonacci Circle levels. I would recommend that you begin with the ‘default’ settings, set to autoscale, and let us know if this same issue occurs.

Please also do this for the Trend Channel properties. Make sure to use a brand new chart without any indicators or custom chart templates.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip...the Fibo Circle tool autoscale works OK on a new chart with no box bars...only seems haywire with charts that have box bars....I believe all other fibo tools anchor lines work OK on box bar charts when they are in auto scale...

The auto scale Trend Channel tool with just the setup line and parallel line still seems overly sensitive on the new chart...parallel line initially jumps off end of setup line when setup close to bottom or top of chart...works pretty much the same way if you add a 50% line....(no 50% line in video though)
          see video...
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Thanks...

Update....creating a new chart with 2 box bars...Fibo Circle tool works OK in auto scale....not sure why it is haywire on my other similar charts with same 2 box bar templates....

Another update....created new similar custom sessions as in V4...now new chart with 2 box bars...auto scale fibo circle tool works OK....perhaps maybe something was wrong with custom sessions from a recent new install or something...??...after new install of V5 forgot to redo lost custom sessions....maybe that was the problem....Trend Channel still haywire though on new chart as in video above....have you duplicated this problem...??
          Last edited by Alfred; 05-25-2011, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hi again...here is another video of the Trend Channel tool (with several variations) set to auto scale on a new clean chart...

Have you been able to duplicate this problem...??

Thanks....
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Alfred; 05-25-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the video as always Alfred. Hope things are well with you.

This occurs because you have Auto Scale enabled. If you disable it and uncheck auto scale in the tool properties and save the Default again this should not cause this to occur.

Unless you saying that you don't want this behavior with auto scale on and you need this on then I can submit this into development.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                Hello,

Thanks for the video as always Alfred. Hope things are well with you.

This occurs because you have Auto Scale enabled. If you disable it and uncheck auto scale in the tool properties and save the Default again this should not cause this to occur.

Unless you saying that you don't want this behavior with auto scale on and you need this on then I can submit this into development.

Brett....I do use this tool a fair amount without autoscale at present as autoscale does not work correctly....I do feel that autoscale should work OK when one elects to use it...it just does not work at all well currently....

Thanks....
                Last edited by Alfred; 05-25-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The auto scale works as I would expect with the current tool design since its simply auto scaling in the duplicate line after you click. I will send this into development and get a tracking number to see if they have any ideas on how this could be less sensitive.

Comment

If the parallel line is going to project above or below the chart when in auto scale....it can be all over the map once you click the right end of the setup line....then you somehow have to drag it back ....ideally when in autoscale you want the pen to remain on the left end of the parallel line positioned at the right end of the setup line....just as it would be when not in autoscale....I am relatively sure there must be a creative solution to this problem....

Thanks much....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Alfred; 05-26-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Looking at the Trend Channel tool & autoscale a bit more...
                      with an example of a parallel line projecting above the chart window...(applied when tool not set to autoscale)....if you then change that particular setup line to autoscale for that line only, autoscale then works correctly on the chart for that instance only....where if you have autoscale set to default on the tool....an autoscale parrallel line then goes haywire as one applies the tool where a line will project above or below the chart window.......

This is a very valuable tool...autoscale should work correctly... as many times a parallel line will be projecting above or below the chart window....and one should not have to get into fixed scaling to see what is going on....

Video on this...

Thanks....
                      Last edited by Alfred; 05-30-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

...Auto-scale details....

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                        Hello,

The auto scale works as I would expect with the current tool design since its simply auto scaling in the duplicate line after you click. I will send this into development and get a tracking number to see if they have any ideas on how this could be less sensitive.

Hi Brett....have you received a tracking number on this as yet ??...

Here are 3 screen shots that spell out the auto-scale problem in detail...

Screen shot 1...
                        Shows a trend channel tool applied to chart with parallel line extending above chart...no auto-scale on this setup...

Screen shot 2...
                        Here auto-scale was applied once in properties to the tool setup only (not set to default)...this worked OK as you can see...

Screen shot 3...
                        Here auto-scale was set to default on the tool and then a setup line identical to the one in screen shot 1 was applied to the chart....upon application you can see how the parallel line has automatically moved dramatically above the chart....from this location it is difficult to move the line back to the bar chart area to work with it....

Here is a video on this posted earlier...(re-linked)

Many thanks....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Alfred; 06-09-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Alfred,

Thanks for bringing this back up.

I did sent this into development. It is working as expected currently and nothing really that can be done as this is what will happen when you have auto scale on it will auto scale that chart and that is what it is doing.

Here is the response I got from development:

Expected for the reason you stated. Exactly the same as having Auto Scale on for a line object and having the mouse over the top region of the chart.

As always we may make changes to it in future release however.

We did identify a bug where the trend channel was a little too sensitive all around, as far as it being removed from the chart too early when its scrolling of the page and its anchor points, etc. Expect these changes to be in place in the next release of NinjaTrader. This may positively effect your use of this tool as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Brett...

Auto Scale on line objects work OK for me in Ninja, but do not work at all correctly in all cases on the Trend Channel....still feel this needs a bit of work....

Incidentally...have not been getting email updates to forum threads subscribed to the last week or so...any suggestions on this...??

Comment

Hello,

Sounds good, thanks.

Also, Please check your SPAM filters and also your account settings make sure its still set to email you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes