Red X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red X

Seems that once you become a heavy user of NT you start running into all kinds of different annoying issues.

Now I am getting the red X in strategy analyzer.

log and trace attached
    Attached Files

naxo79,

Thank you for your post.

From your attached trace files, I am seeing references to missing files.

2011-05-19 17:44:13:842 Code.Editor.OnLoad: Failed to reference 'NinjaTrader.Custom, Version=7.0.1000.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null': System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I would suggest doing a repair installation of NinjaTrader to try and rebuild these files.

To do this, please run the Setup.exe again and when prompted select "Repair" for the installation type.

This should install NinjaTrader over the top of your existing version and should rebuild any files that may be missing after the upgrade. All of your settings will be retained with this method.

If you need to obtain a copy of the setup file, it can be found from the following link:

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Tnx,

did the repair, but now it happened again.
      I had not seen it before I started using the RegressionChannel indicator so maybe it could have something to do with it.

It happened around 19:37.
      Heres the last trace-entries:
      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I am seeing similar errors as earlier.

If the repair install did not correct the issue, our next step here will be to completely uninstall and then reinstall NinjaTrader. We can save your settings, but I would ask that you first test with the clean installation to see if the issue persists there as well.

1.) Backup:
        Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link:

You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:
        After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        1. Close all running applications.
        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear ! history).
        7. Reboot your machine.
        8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

3.) Testing:
        After reinstalling NinjaTrader, please test and see if the issue persists.

4.) Restoring Settings:
        If the issue does not persist on the clean installation, please restore your settings using the steps listed here:

5.) Testing:
        After restoring your settings, please test again and let me know if the issue pops up.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Tnx, did the uninstall, clean and reinstall. Seems have fixed some other oddities possibly also, continuing testing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred