• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot compile after upgrade to NT7.0.1000.5 from .4

Hello,

Environment:
    Win7 64bit, NT 7.0.1000.5

I have compiled indicators that stopped working after the upgrade from .4 to .5 of NT 7.
    All the rest is ok.

I tried to recompile them and it failed.
    After that I created a dummy indicator from the wizard and same compile error. It is shown in the attachement 'NT - Error 1.png'.
    I tried to solve the issue by changing the path of these files to c:\Program Files (x86) which is where they are, as shown in 'NT - Error 2 Config Changes.png'.

It goes one step further but still fails with the error shown in 'NT - Error 2.png'
    I also tried all this after deinstalling and reinstalling NT with no success.

Compilation and my own indicators used to work with the previous version on NT.
    Could you please let me know what I can do to solve this?

thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello k-trdr,

Please undo the changes you made in the Config.xml file first.

Subsequently, please right click in the Indicator window that displays the code and select 'References'.

Check if the Reference window contains the references listed in the attached screenshot.

If not, please click Add and add the references in question. You can view the location of these .dll references in the screenshot.

If the references are listed, please remove them and subsequently re-add them again.
    Compile your NinjaScript files once more and let me know if the errors remain.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thank you for the quick reply.

- I removed the config.xml I had changed and replaced with the version I had backed up just before.
      - I deleted the references to the 2 files
      - Added them by going to the c;\program files (x86)\bin64\ folder (EDIT: I also tried with the bin folder, same errors)
      - I recompiled
      I have now directly the 'NT - Error 2' errors I had in my first post.

thanks,
      K-
      Last edited by k-trdr; 05-19-2011, 05:12 AM. Reason: also tried with the bin folder instead of bin64, no change

Comment

Can you please check what happens if you add them using the C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin folder.

Comment

I cannot do that because the 'C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin' folder does not exist

In Win7 64bit, the 'Program Files' folder is localised (to 'Programmes' in french), and there are 2 of them. The localised version is for 64bit programs, and the 32bit programs are supposed to go to 'Program Files (x86)'.

Here what is strange is that NT 64bit goes to the 32bit folder. But this was not an issue before with NT 7.0.1000.4.

To cut a long story short, I can't do what you asked because NT installed itself in ''C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7' and not in ''C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7' (or ''C:\Programmes\NinjaTrader 7' in my case)

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows.

Create a backup file first to save all settings and indicators.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 7 via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista or later).

Delete the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Delete the C:\-->Program Files(x86)-->NinjaTrader 7 folder, if still exist.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 7 from the link below.

Start NinjaTrader and all indicators should compile without error.

Subsequently, restore your backup file and check if all compiles without error once more.

Comment

issue solved

Hello Jason,

This manipulation solved the problem; my indicators compile now.

I also understood that the second problem I was encountering was the use of a deprecated function, in one new indicator I was testing, that actually prevents compiling *all* the other indicators.
              This feels weird which is why I though it would be worth mentioning.

Anyway many thanks for your very prompt help and solution.

K-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes