Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kinetic for daily EOD data, and broker feed for intraday data -- how to manage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetic for daily EOD data, and broker feed for intraday data -- how to manage?

I'd like to use Kinetic EOD for daily and weekly charts, and my TT broker feed for tick and minute data.

The issue I'm having is that if I'm connected to TT first, then Kinetic EOD, if I reload my daily chart historical data to update it, it uses the TT daily charts which I don't want. Conversely, if I'm connected to Kinetic first, then TT, when I reload my minute charts then they do not display correctly.

So there appears to be no way I can reload both daily and minute charts without doing a disconnection and changing the data connection order. In other words, if I'm connected to TT first, Kinetic second, then I can reload my minute chart data, but I cannot update my daily charts. This means that every day at least once I will have to disconnect a couple of times in order to update the daily charts--ideally I would like to not worry about disconnecting during the week at all, especially as I am recording data.

Can you help? Or possibly is there a way to specify for a chart or chart type (day vs. minute for example) which data feed to load the data from?

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

There is no way to specify type of data for what provider. However, there is a special case for the Kinetick free end of day data. It should work for you if you connect to Kinetick free end of day first then connect to TT.

You say when you do this your minute charts do not display correctly. What exactly do you mean by this also if easier, please provide a screenshot.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

I did one better Brett and made a video, it should clearly show the problem. Set the quality to 1080p or Original for best viewing.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that video.

Can you please let me know what settings you have for TT connection for Historical data. You have it set to use the NinjaTrader historical data server correct?

Also, under control center->Tools->Options->Data Tab. What is set for save chart data as historical is this checked or unchecked.

Finally, what session template are you using on the chart and also, what time zone is your PC in.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for that video.

Can you please let me know what settings you have for TT connection for Historical data. You have it set to use the NinjaTrader historical data server correct?

Also, under control center->Tools->Options->Data Tab. What is set for save chart data as historical is this checked or unchecked.

Finally, what session template are you using on the chart and also, what time zone is your PC in.

I look forward to assisting you further.
          Hi Brett,

For the TT connection, Historical Data is Enabled.
          Under the Data tab, "Save chart data as historical" is checked.
          Session template is CME US Index Futures ETH.
          Time zone is Eastern (UTC - 5:00), synced via time server.

Comment

Hello,

Ok thanks for that information.

Based on what I'm seeing on my side I don't believe we are running into a bug here unless there is something your seeing different on your side. This actually would not have occurred without Kinetick EOD in the mix at all.

Here's what you saw happen. If in your chart, you had not connected to Kinetick and just right clicked and reload historical data with TT the data would still be missing with only the TT connection. For example your results should match mine when connected to TT only and do reload historical data this data is simply not on the historical data server. Therefor there is a gap in the data on TT historical data server.

The reason why there wasn't a gap in the data before the reload was that you had NinjaTrader connected before and recorded the data to your own to the database yourself. This data is not on the historical data server for TT and when you right clicked on the chart and selected reload historical data the did a reload from the historical data server and since the data's not on there for this time period it is then missing. The data for me with TT starts back up at 16:00 hours mountain time 1 hour later.

Please confirm the above, if you find the chart looks the same with reload of data with TT only then you should be good to go to use the Kinetick first and the TT second as your connection order as you should run into no issues here.

Trading Hours
            All time listed are Central Time CME Globex
            (ETH) MON-THURS: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
            (Daily maintenance shutdown 4:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.)
            SUN: 5:00 p.m.-3:15 p.m.

The above is the CME hours. There is actually 2 times where the markets are shut down. Theres a 30 minute maintenance and a 15 minute closed window. So the market will be closed around this time. There is no set rock stone time of when data will start flowing again however the server looks to be currently set to hide this data as I see it is consistently missing every day around this time on the historical data server.

Do you see this error only occurring at this time of day and also, does your findings match mine.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 05-18-2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Hi Brett,

I was able to try this during the day yesterday and had no problems, so I will go with your guess that it's the time of day. If I have any more problems with it I'll post here, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin