Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

If your order is filled and then you disconnect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your order is filled and then you disconnect...

Hello,

Very basic question here: What happens if you place an order, get filled, put in profit and loss stops, and then disconnect from Ninja Trader? The order is in the exchange but so are your manually entered bracketed profit and loss targets, right?

For example, say you entered long at 1333.00 and had put a protective stop at 1330.00 and a sell limit order at 1336.00, and then disconnected from your feed and closed your computer down….

1) Will either the manually entered profit and loss targets get filled if hit?

2) Can you connect a couple of hours later and manage that order if it has not been filled?

Thanks.

Hi known,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Where orders reside depends on the state of the order at the time of the disconnect and your broker. Please see the following link for a complete break-down: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349

Generally speaking, it is not possible to reconnect and resume management of an ATM strategy - in most cases, the grouping of the orders is severed during a disconnect.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just read over the link you posted: Can you please clarify what that means for Zen-Fire? How does one know if one's orders are "Accepted" or "Working?"

Regarding OCO functionality, I'm talking about manually entering a stop and target...would that still be regarded as an OCO?

Zen-Fire
      Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the Zen-Fire servers.
      OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hi known,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Where orders reside depends on the state of the order at the time of the disconnect and your broker. Please see the following link for a complete break-down: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349

Generally speaking, it is not possible to reconnect and resume management of an ATM strategy - in most cases, the grouping of the orders is severed during a disconnect.

Comment

Hi known,

1.) Order state will be listed in the Orders tab of the Control Center.

2.) If the two orders are not linked, they would not consist of an OCO pair. If you place an OCO order manually, or use an ATM strategy the opposite would hold true.

Comment

"1.) Order state will be listed in the Orders tab of the Control Center."

A rep at my brokerage told me I could disconnect, since the waiting orders would be at the exchange. So I will know that with 100% certainty by looking at my order state in the Control Center?

"2.) If the two orders are not linked, they would not consist of an OCO pair. If you place an OCO order manually, or use an ATM strategy the opposite would hold true."

I can only place an OCO with a license, is that correct?

Comment

Hi known,

1.) Correct, if the state is 'accepted' or 'working' the order is on your broker servers. Any other state would indicate the order is locally held.

2.) A full license is required, correct.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by agclub, Yesterday, 08:57 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post agclub
            by agclub

Started by cre8able, 04-17-2024, 04:16 PM
            6 responses