Alert on Volume Oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert on Volume Oscillator

I've got an alert set on a volume oscillator that seems to work. I just can't seem to get it synced to my charts. I'm using the same data series with the same setting for my alert and the indicator in my charts, I think. But the values are off in the market analyzer from my chart values. Any suggestions?

Hi ldjohnson,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

For the Market Analyzer can you please clarify if the Calculate on Bar Close property is set to True or False.

Then in the chart if you right-click and select indicators can you please clarify that the the Calculate on Bar Close matches the Market Analyzer if it does not currently.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's false on both. I deliberately wanted to see the bar form rather than wait for bar close. So they are the same.

Comment

Hi ldjohnson,

Thank you for that clarification. Can you please right-click in the Market Analyzer and then please make sure that the Session Template matches the chart Session Template that is accessible in the Data Series window.

Additionally, can you please clarify your data provider and the particular details of your alert, and indicator settings in the Market Analyzer to continue testing this issue.

Comment

Still struggling with a simple alert

yes the session templates are both 24/7

I have a Mirus data feed.

I"m trying to set a simple alert that would sound when the volume oscillator crosses into positive. So I've set the alert condition to greater than 0. I can hear it sounding, but the alert doesn't match the data on my chart. So I think that I have effectively set the alert but there has to be something wrong with my settings and I just can't seem to figure it out. I did roll the oil contract today and I still have the problem.

Comment

Hi ldjohnson,

With the current settings can you please right-click on the Market Analyzer and then select Properties. Please change the Number of Bars Look back property to 256.

Then please right-click in the Market Analyzer and select Columns. For the Volume Oscillator please set the Number of Bars there to be 256.

You will also want to make sure that the Data Series value in the Market Analyzer matches the chart interval settings.

Comment

Thanks I think I got everything matching now. Appreciate your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Balage0922  
              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes