Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message with Ninja 7.1.1000.5

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Ninja7 (ver 5) and got messages regarding custom indicators.
    I then attempted the following fixes:
    1) I attempted to recompile the single custom indicator that I use and got an error message.
    2) I attempted to delete the custom indicator through the Edit Ninjascript-Indicator menu item, but it would not delete
    3) I then closed Ninjatrader, deleted the .cs file directly from the Bin/Custom/Indicator file, restarted Ninjatrader and attempted to import the latest version of the custom indicator posted Dec 2010 and coded for Ninja 7. I keep getting the error message:

"You have custom Ninjascript Files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a Ninjascript archive file"

Suggestions???

Thanks,
    Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post.

Please:
    • pen NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

Please provide me with an image of the error reporting section of the code window.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your next reply.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply......I have attached the jpg of the ninjascript window with the compile error.

I can make one comment that may help......I use Ninja on 2 machines, home and work, and synch the files between each computer. I have not had problems in the past with this method of keeping the 2 Ninjas synched on 2 machines, as long as the versions are always the same. I am wondering whether there is a better way to synch between them using the backup feature rather than a synch program. And also wondering whether the error reference to a "metadata file" could be a result of my method of synching the 2 machines.

Thanks for your help

Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bob,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and include the following:

1.) A link to this thread.

2.) An image where the 'Error' column in this window is expanded to show all text.

3.) Your config file.
        You will find the Config file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 folder.
        The file is named 'Config.xml'.

Comment

this is the error that will keep me from buying the software.

just my 2 cents, but....the software in this industry needs to be flawless....period.

I only trade the DX and AUD....and Meta TradestationII is fantastic! Software for this business needs to be near flawless or contain a 'cloud' app for emergencies.

AUD/USD....i wonder if the carry trade is over....or perhaps just beginning?!
          Either way Meta's Tradestation is only on V2.0....

Back to the post:....fix this bug please.

I tried to install everything. I'm on a W7 PC. What does this error mean by the way? Shouldn't we just be able to delete the bad zip file? If so, why isn't NT telling us which file to delete?

Comment

Hello rretch,

Thanks for your post.

I'd need to see more of the specifics in your case to be able to tell you how to resolve the issue.

Please:
            • Open NinjaTrader
            • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
            • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
            • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.

Please provide me with an image of the error reporting section of the code window.
            To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your next reply.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello rretch,

Thanks for your post.

I'd need to see more of the specifics in your case to be able to tell you how to resolve the issue.

Please:
              • Open NinjaTrader

Sorry it took so long....this is my 'junk' email account. Also, sorry for such a random sounding email....it had to have been the Belgian beer.

Anyway, here's a .tiff showing the error.

If, for any reason, you can't see a problem, is there a way to completely remove NT 7 from my system for a 'new' install?

Thanks Kyle
              -robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert,

Thanks for providing this image.

Could you please expand the 'NinjaScript File' column and provide me with an updated image?

Comment

Hey Kyle,

Sure....well, actually all the rows under the "NinjaScript File" column read as follows:

' NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs '

I could still upload an image if you need one

robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

That's actually all I needed.

Please right click in the code window, then select References.
                    Next, press the add button to open a window where you'll select a file to reference.
                    Please navigate to: C:\Users\**your username**\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom
                    Select 'NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll' and press Open.
                    Click OK to exit the References menu.
                    Finally, recompile your scripts and the error should be cleared.

Comment

Kyle,

It works....kick ass! I can't remember what indicator I wanted to try though

....anyway, thanks a lot for you help and quick correspondence!

robert

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes