NT, eSignal and IB on CAC40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT, eSignal and IB on CAC40

I use eSignal data feed into NT. From NT I trade sending orders to my IB account.
    This works for all markets except for the CAC40 futures, where orders are rejected, NT files become corrupted and all sorts of similar amenities happen.
    I am told that the problem is that whilst eSignal takes the feed from Matif, IB send the orders to Monep. NT is in the middle and it gets confused as it does not understand what exchange is being used.
    As you may know well, Matif and Monep are the same exchange, from some years called Euronext, but the different technologies do not seem to acknowledge this fact.

I am curious to know whether I am the only one using eSignal to NT to IB for the CAC, and perhaps the problem is general, or there is someone out there that uses this configuration and does not have the same problem.
    Cheers

Originally posted by gretrader View Post
    I use eSignal data feed into NT. From NT I trade sending orders to my IB account.
    This works for all markets except for the CAC40 futures, where orders are rejected, NT files become corrupted and all sorts of similar amenities happen.
    I am told that the problem is that whilst eSignal takes the feed from Matif, IB send the orders to Monep. NT is in the middle and it gets confused as it does not understand what exchange is being used.
    As you may know well, Matif and Monep are the same exchange, from some years called Euronext, but the different technologies do not seem to acknowledge this fact.

I am curious to know whether I am the only one using eSignal to NT to IB for the CAC, and perhaps the problem is general, or there is someone out there that uses this configuration and does not have the same problem.
    Cheers
    Hello Gretrader,

The only suggestion that I have for this situation would be to connect only to IB. If you receive a gap in your chart data you can always connect to your eSignal connection to reload the missing chart data.

Comment

Thank you.
      What I do is in fact trade DAX and FTSE via the NT front end into IB, and trade the CAC directly into IB, via their Book Trader.
      A bit of a messy solution, but a solution nevertheless.
      Really anybody out there with this issue?
      G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes