Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can MBT Navigator attach ATR exits to NT generated open orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can MBT Navigator attach ATR exits to NT generated open orders?

I want to find a way to attach an ATR extit to trades I open manually in NT. Reading the forums it appears it is not possible to do this entirely within NT? I see that MBT Navigator does allow types of automated exits. So the question is, can exits defined in MBT Navigator be attached to NT generated orders. And if so can other associated stop or other (say profit target) orders be cancelled once the order is closed off by MBT Navigator.

If all that is do-able, could you explain how NT and MBT navigator coordinate order information so that theres an accurate record back in NT.

Thanks in advance

Hello mokodo,

Unfortunately there is no support for this. If you want to base exit order from indicator values, this is only possible in a NinjaScript automated strategy. These are fully automated so you must define conditions for entry as well as the exit.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Boo Hoo

Thanks Ryan for the info.

Seems by the various threads and posts I've seen that a way to 'code' and save ATM's in Ninjascript is really in demand by your customers. Then we can just attach them as we need.

I trade sat on my you know what in front of a screen, but at times I need to leave - sleep, eat, contact with other humans, etc....

I use smart 'coded' indicators and other tools to get me into trades, but I have no where near that much control to get out of them. Come on NT, trading is 10% entries and 90% exists, let's have the great NT platform reflect that reality.

Pretty please put this one your development list

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this item is currently on our development list. It is assigned tracking ID # 294.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes