MBTrading Connection and Crash Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading Connection and Crash Problems

I am using NT 7.0.1000.4 with MB Trading Navigator 11.6.0.0. I have Windows 7 without SP1 installed. I have two major problems:

1) NinjaTrader is taking forever to load Range Bar charts, even though I only have 10 days of data selected.
    2) Every day MB Trading temporarily goes offline at 5:00 EDT for their Forex swap. This ALWAYS causes Ninja Trader to crash. I have to shut it down using the Task Manager and then I lose any recent changes to my settings. And then I have to restart it again which takes about 20 minutes for 6 charts to load (see problem 1).

Hope you can fix it.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hello Cindy,

1. Please note that range bars are created by historical tick data, so it takes longer to load such charts compared to minute charts. How many workspaces do you have opened in total when you connect to MBTrading? Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background that contain charts as well? Do you have many indicators applied in your charts?

2. Can you please send me your log and trace files for yesterday. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110505 for yesterday. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110505 for yesterday. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

MBT have problems, data download problems start yesterday, Jason stop teasing people and asking them send this and that. Its is real problem. this is happening with mbt allmost every second month or sometimes once a month.,

Comment

Hello jokujoku,

Cindy informs that the crash occurs each day for her. I like to investigate the files to understand what is going on. Data is loading - it just takes a long time. She does not refer to an error when loading data.

Could it be you refer to the issue reported at the forum thread below?

Comment

File sent Jason.

And yes to clarify, the crash occurs every single day without fail at 5:00pm EDT (actually 1:59pm PDT to be exact).

Thanks,

Cindy

Comment

Thank you for sending the log file. Unfortunately the trace file was not attached, see my response on your email.

Comment

Whoops. will do it again. Thanks!

Comment

Jason, let me know if you get it this time. I can see in my sent folder that the log file was attached the first time. Don't know what happened.

Edit - Okay - I get it. Only attached the log file and you want the trace file. Duh!

Cindy

Comment

Hello Cindy,

Yes, I received your trace file, thank you for sending it over.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I just upgraded from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4 and now my charts (tick charts in my case) take forever to load. And this is with Kinetick.

I do have a new third party assembly running that I will remove to see if this is the problem.
                    Last edited by billr; 05-08-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I tried removing the new assembly and have been opening charts with a Kinetick connection and continue to see charts taking much longer to load than when I was on 7.1.2. FWIW

Comment

MBTrading Problems...

After trading for a few hours this morning (NZ Time) I decided to switch off, go get some lunch and check in after an hours break...

Logged in in NT7, and found that the 3 hours of data (the period that I traded) was missing... tried all the DB Reset / Repair options all to no avail...

What I have discovered on my own now is when I log off and then back on NT7 will not save the most recent history... Basically every time I log off, another chunk of data goes into this data blackhole.

This is beginning to really annoy me... I have a live MBTrading account feeding the data to NT7 and have at the same time, another live account from MBTrading on an MT4 platorm, open on my second monitor... Amazingly (well maybe not), but the MT4 data is all there, and presented correctly..

Comment

Bill,

Please instead send in a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post. We will want to look at your trace file.

totalpips,

Welcome to the support forum. Its usually best to email us at support at ninjatrader dot com on these issues so that we do not get the confused with another case.

Most likely to stop this from occurring you need to goto control center->tools->options->data tab->save chart data as historical to save your previous data these needs to be checked.

Email me if this does not do the trick for you.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

MBT tick data problem

Minute data is ok, but tick data is not ,downloading historical.
                            Hi I have been seen this problem during one year at least 6 times, its coming and going and i don't have to do anything,sometimes it takes one day sometimes more, i think they maybe fix something in mbt or re start they servers.

Comment

Jokujoku.... this worked for me

I stopped and disconnected from MB's servers for an hour Tuesday night between 9:30PM EST and 10:30PM EST, and had problems with loading historical tick data when I went back on.

Sunday into Monday morning they did have a technical problem on the historical data servers, but it is fixed now. I do not know if my problem was related to that, or if jokujoku's problem is the same as mine, but this is how I fixed mine. I was able to backfill all historical tick data and begin charting and saving data as historical after this:

So I was away for an hour... if I looked at Tools>>Historical Data Manager>>Edit Tab>$EURUSD>>5/10/2011>>9PM

I could see that my ticks stopped at around 9:30PM when I logged off

I had a few ticks under 10PM as well from when I logged back on.

But at logon, when opening a chart set to tick, Load Data Based on Days, and Days to load set to 1, which usually will go out to MB's server and backfill any data for the current day while I was offline, I got an error .... something like Server Side Error, can not load data, and my chart opened without having backfilled like it usually does.

The way I fixed it was to delete the partial data I had in the 9PM slot and the 10PM slot...highlight, right click and delete.

That got my local database back to all hours of the current day up to 8PM that had a complete hours worth of data in them... I deleted the partial data in the 9PM slot that ended at around 9:30 and the few ticks that were in the 10PM slot.

Then I used Tools>>HistoricalDataManager>>Download Tab, highlighted $EURUSD, set start date to 5/10/2011 and end date to 5/10/2011 and clicked download.

I fully expected to get a server side error again, and that the MB servers were down again, but I didn't. It downloaded the full 9PM hour, the 10PM hour up to the current time, and I was good to go.

Why my normal procedure of backfilling by opening a chart and requesting 1 days worth to chart didn't work I don't know... it always has for me in the past. At any rate, the above got me back up and running.

The data is there on the MB server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post llanqui
                              by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses