Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic & Simple Support for Ninja Trader

Hello,

We are a trading firm and would like to use Ninja Trader. However, compared to other automated trading systems I found it little complicated and difficult to use.

For example:

I want to create a new strategy which should automatically buy AAPL at low of the day ?

How could I do this ?

Are there any such strategies available to download and integrate ?

Please let us know.

Hello,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums! NinjaScript strategies are built with C#, so this provides a lot of flexibility but there can be a learning curve if you are not familiar with programming concepts.

You can start using the strategy wizard to build strategies in a point and click interface. This connects directly to the scripting language so can view code for any conditions you create. It's rule based, so you define conditions for entry and exit. If you just want to specify buy at the current days low, you place the indicator CurrentDayOHL() into the price for your entry commands.

Attached screenshot with an example of this, and you can see more info on defining actions in the strategy wizard at the following link:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 05-05-2011, 10:51 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, I will try this but do you have already developed and tested strategies for which we can see the past performance ?

Comment

Yes, you can see a SampleMACrossOver strategy built in the platform. It's available to backtest using the strategy analyzer feature.

There are also additional strategies shared in the file sharing section of the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by filosophizer View Post
          Hello,

We are a trading firm and would like to use Ninja Trader. However, compared to other automated trading systems I found it little complicated and difficult to use.

For example:

I want to create a new strategy which should automatically buy AAPL at low of the day ?

How could I do this ?

Are there any such strategies available to download and integrate ?

Please let us know.
          Is that not an impossibility? How can you know the low of the day unless it is already past? Maybe you mean that you want to buy every new low until some limit position is accumulated?

Comment

Low of the Day is simple to calculate

Let us take AAPL as an example:

OPEN : $150
            GOES Up to $160
            So HIGH for the day so far will be $160 and LOW will be $150

Now I want to buy shares of AAPL when it will make a new LOW OF THE DAY
            so when AAPL will make $149.90 that is a new LOW but when the BID Goes up by $0.30 cents from the LOW of the DAY , I want to buy 5000 shares on the ASK Price.

How could I put this in NINJA TRADER ?

Where I can get the basic usage videos for Ninja Trader ? I am facing difficulty using it.

Anyone who could teach how to program such with some fee, please let me know.

Comment

To get started developing strategies, you can refer to this link on the strategy development process:

If you're looking for someone to write code to your specifications, any of our NinjaScript consultants should be able to assist:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post burtoninlondon  
              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes