Shadow strategy still being activated by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow strategy still being activated by itself

I was on sim for a while and didn't have any problems. Switched to real money account this week and the shadow strategy is activated all by itself. No idea how this happened but some how the shadow setting is tied to the account. Like maybe you have to save the strategy with shadow turned off for each account?

Hopefully you can get this fixed as it's very annoying.

A global option to turn it off would be a good idea.

Hello cunparis,

Can you please select your ATM template and set 'Shadow strategy' to <None>.
    Subsequently, right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Manage ATM Strategy Templates'. Save your ATM template now that no shadow strategy is selected.

Shadow strategies are not tied to accounts but ATM templates.

Please let me know if the ATM template in question will use a shadow strategy again now that it is saved without it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello cunparis,

Can you please select your ATM template and set 'Shadow strategy' to <None>.
      Subsequently, right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Manage ATM Strategy Templates'. Save your ATM template now that no shadow strategy is selected.

Shadow strategies are not tied to accounts but ATM templates.

Please let me know if the ATM template in question will use a shadow strategy again now that it is saved without it.
      Yes this is how I turn it off. But my point is that it gets turned on sometimes and it has to do with changing accounts.

I guess one would not notice it unless they were trading full time every day with multiple accounts (sim & real).

Searching the forums shows others have reported this so I know it's a problem. I'm just trying to provide more info so you can find the fix for it. I understand this isn't a priority though.

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying. Can you please tell me what version you have installed. The issue is fixed as per version 7.0.1000.3. You can see it in the release notes at the link below.

Fixed - 4365 - ATM strategies - Shadow strategies could have been inadvertently selected

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying. Can you please tell me what version you have installed. The issue is fixed as per version 7.0.1000.3. You can see it in the release notes at the link below.

Fixed - 4365 - ATM strategies - Shadow strategies could have been inadvertently selected
          Looks like it's not fixed, I have version .4

It only became activated when I switched to a real money account. I never show the advanced options so there is no way I could have activated it. I know this is a hard one to track down but I'm sure it's something to do with changing accounts.

Comment

I see. I will need to find a reproducible scenario as you probably know in order to further troubleshoot the issue. Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently when switching accounts?

Could it be you switched accounts in a different way than usual when you experienced the issue?

Do you make use of multiple ATM templates and if so, does it occur on all ATM templates? If not, is there anything different regarding the ATM template compared to the others?

I tested switching accounts on my end, but so far I have not been able to reproduce it.

Comment

I see. I will need to find a reproducible scenario as you probably know in order to further troubleshoot the issue. Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently when switching accounts?

Could it be you switched accounts in a different way than usual when you experienced the issue?

Do you make use of multiple ATM templates and if so, does it occur on all ATM templates? If not, is there anything different regarding the ATM template compared to the others?

I tested switching accounts on my end, but so far I have not been able to reproduce it.
              I cannot reproduce it. Yes I use multiple accounts & multiple ATM strategies. What I found was the shadow strategy was enabled on all of my strategies when I switched to a real money account. These are exactly the same strategies I've been using for weeks without any problems.

Un-reproduceable problems are a nightmare, I hope i have provided you with some more information. Maybe others can add more details. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for providing the information. If the issue does recur, please let me know and check for any consistency with today's occurrence.

So far, you have been the only one that reported the issue that in version 7.0.1000.4 that I know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes