New feature request : ability to split targets & stops after entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New feature request : ability to split targets & stops after entry

Please would you add the possibility to split orders and targets AFTER entry ?

With a 2 unit entry, I already split my initial targets and stops within the ATM to allow separate handling. However, once I start scaling into / building a position, the ATM automatically groups them together which means I have to manually scale in & out from them without the far superior possibility of dragging individual target and stop levels in advance.

Hope that's clear !?

J.

Hello J,

Unfortunately this is due to the setting of the 'ATM strategy' drop down menu after your first trade. It reflects '* Active ATM Strategy # - name', which means the ATM orders when scaling in will be merged with the existing ATM orders.

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. So if you make use of ATM templates, please re-select your ATM template. If you use custom created ATM strategies, please set 'ATM strategy' to <Custom> and setup your ATM strategy again.

You can also set 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission'. That way, you do not need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. After you submitted your first entry order, 'the 'ATM Strategy' drop down menu will automatically keep your initial ATM strategy selected - it does not turn to '* Active ATM Strategy # - name'.

Please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties' to configure the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' setting. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      You can also set 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission'. That way, you do not need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. After you submitted your first entry order, 'the 'ATM Strategy' drop down menu will automatically keep your initial ATM strategy selected - it does not turn to '* Active ATM Strategy # - name'.
      Thanks so much, Jason : I think this is EXACTLY what I want - if you don't hear back from me, it is !

J.

Edit : yep, just tried it in SIM. This keeps each new scale-in as an entirely separate order set (chart shows 2 additional 2 unit scale-ins) :
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jtrade; 05-02-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

I realise that for this to do what I want, it is essential to drag the existing orders into position when wanting to Scale OUT : if I just reduce the unit size in Chart Trader to a single unit, then hit the buy or sell button, with "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission' selected a new ATM set will be generated in the opposite direction.

Comment

You could set 'ATM strategy' to <None> when you submit the order to scale out. However, it will only apply to your position - your ATM orders will have their initial size.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello J,

Unfortunately this is due to the setting of the 'ATM strategy' drop down menu after your first trade. It reflects '* Active ATM Strategy # - name', which means the ATM orders when scaling in will be merged with the existing ATM orders.

You will need to re-select your ATM strategy before submitting your second entry order. So if you make use of ATM templates, please re-select your ATM template. If you use custom created ATM strategies, please set 'ATM strategy' to <Custom> and setup your ATM strategy again.

Please right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties' to configure the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' setting. More information can be found at the link below.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm
            Such a very amazing link!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM