Multiple Brokers On Same ATM and DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Brokers On Same ATM and DOM

Is it possible to have an Interactive Brokers Account and a Zen Fire account linked to the same ATM strategy and same DOM? In this way I could trade one single DOM and fire off orders to multiple brokers.

Hello

Thank you for your post.

If you have a multi-broker license then you can access these accounts (Interactive Brokers & Zen-Fire) from the account selection drop-down menu. You could then select the account, select an ATM, & place the order.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip,

I'll clarify. Is there a way within NT to synthetically combine a Zen-Fire and IB account so that I can trade the DOM with an ATM strategy in a "synthetic block account?"

Thanks

Comment

Hi Baseheadz,

You could use account groups for this purpose.

Account Groups allow you to group individual accounts into a group account. These account groups will show up in any of the NinjaTrader order entry windows' account selection lists. If selected, any order placed will be replicated and sent to each account that belongs to the group.

NOTE: Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.

For more information about using account groups, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...unt_groups.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

If I use account groups and lets say one broker would have an outage, would the orders still go out to the broker that is fully functioning?

Comment

Hello Baseheadz

Yes – the orders would still be sent to the broker(s) that did not experience the outage. Scenario: If you have an account group composed of Broker A & Broker B and Broker A shut down for some reason. You order would still be sent to broker B.

Comment

Thanks Chip,

What would occur when I am trading a large number of contracts and my entire order is not filled? For instance:

- Limit order to buy 20 contracts using the account group with two brokerage accounts

- 19 contracts are filled at my price (10 in account A and 9 in account B)

How would the account group functionality handle the order if I'm using an ATM strategy?

Comment

Hello

For this & related questions, you will want to review this resource entitled “Risks of Electronic Trading with NinjaTrader”:

When you are applying to account groups is it important to note that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually. Therefore, you will always want your brokers’ contact info immediately accessible should any unexpected issues occur where manual (phone) order management is needed.

Comment

What would you classify as modifications? Does Stop loss and take profit changes fall under that category?

Comment

Hello

Once the orders are placed, if you were to adjust for instance the stop loss level on one order, this change would not carry over to the related orders initiated when using the Account Groups feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes