CME notice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CME notice ?

think when I installed NT there was a notice about the CME collecting info about
    where traders are located at the time trades are entered

would you please post the original message here, or if it's been discussed on the
    forum, please post a link to the thread

Hello tradr,

Thank you for your post.

As per your request, please review the following which details the CME mandatory iLink tags:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Chip, appreciate your assistance

Comment

You’re very welcome tradr

Let us know if we can assist with anything else.

Have a good one!
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT, can you please update us on where things stand with this new CME requirement and the roll-out of a new NT update that meets those new requirements. I trade with MBT and understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that MBT needs to come out with a new version of Navigator first before NT can integrate it into the new-rules-compliant NT version. However, the latest version of Navigator available on MBT's web-site is from November 2010. Given that we're less than 3 weeks away from new rules going into effect, I'm concerned that the new NT version will be a rush-job more susceptible to crashes and freeze-ups than the older versions. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Last time we contacted MBT on that issue (early March) we had been informed that neither any MBT Navigator update nor any NT code change would be required. Thus I'm curious to understand where you got your information from. Could you please shed some light? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              Last time we contacted MBT on that issue (early March) we had been informed that neither any MBT Navigator update nor any NT code change would be required. Thus I'm curious to understand where you got your information from. Could you please shed some light? Thanks
              The notice (see link below) from 3/16 did not specify that NT users trading though MBT would NOT need to update their NT / MBT Navigator platforms in order to comply with new CME rules.

Your MBT connection guide currently states that users of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 or later need to have MBT Navigator Version 11.6.0.0 installed. MBT's latest Navigator version is 11.7.0.17 and is from November 2010. Can you please confirm that the response you got from MBT was in reference to MBT Navigator Version 11.6.0.0 and not 11.7.0.17. Thanks.

Comment

I can confirm that MBT informed us that no changes/updates would be required (please see my post below). Nevertheless I'll ask MBT again. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                  I can confirm that MBT informed us that no changes/updates would be required (please see my post below). Nevertheless I'll ask MBT again. Thanks
                  To avoid any misunderstandings, MBT needs to confirm that a specific MBT Navigator version (officially supported by NT and listed in the MBT Connection Guide) is compliant. Since NT only supports MBT Navigator Version 11.6.0.0 (for NT 7 users), MBT needs to confirm that that particular version is compliant. If it's not, then please update your MBT Connection Guide with CME-compliant MBT Navigator version. Either way, please post back as soon as you had a chance to touch base with MBT. Thanks.

Comment

MBT again confirmed that MBAT Nav 11.6.0.0 will work no problem after the upcoming CME changes.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses