Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data is not displayed properly

Hello

I am usually displaying 4 pips range bar in forex and that works well, but when I switch to minute bars some bars are missing ( ... 4/15). I attached image as example, you can see that some bars are missing.

I tried to load other pairs (that I do not trade usually) and they are displayed ok, so apparently there is some kind of conflict with range bars, when I have chart running range bars minute data is not stored.

I have two data feeds, kinetick and IB and they both produce similar results, I tried to reload databases, reset connections, reload historical data and so on, but it did not help.

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Sergey.
    Attached Files

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your post.

From your description and screen shot, you may need to also set your Minute based charts to receive 24 hour data.

To retrieve 24/7 data on a chart, please follow the directions below.
    • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
    • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

This setting can also be set as default for Minute based bars.
    • Right click in your chart and select Data Series
    • After setting the Session Template and additional settings, right click in the right column -> 'Set Default for Minute Period Type'
    • Press 'Apply' and 'OK'

Let me know if this resolves your issue.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

I tried this in the past and tried now again and it did not help, for example check for 3/29 there is a discontinuity between 10 am and 15 pm (price jump down) on a new image. Something else is wrong. I also installed a new version over old one and it did not help, is there a way to clean memory and start a new?

Best regards,
      Sergey.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sergey,

You mentioned that you have a connection to Kinetick and IB, which are you connected to first? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you have a Kinetick subscription or are you only using the Free End of Day data?

Could you also check the Historical Data Manager to see if the data even exists.
        • From the Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data Manager -> Edit
        • Expand $EURUSD -> Last -> Minute -> March 2011 -> 3/29/2011
        • Browse view the time stamps to verify if it is missing or not.

Comment

Hello

I normally connect to Kinetick feed first (it is subscription - not free).But it can be the other way around

The data in historical data manager is missing, it goes from 9:16 am to 2:11 pm in one step (other data for 3/29 seems consistent). Can I force NT ro reload historical data? Why did it happen?

Best regards,
          Sergey.

Comment

Sergey,

Your connection order is correct, Kinetick first then Interactive Brokers. This will ensure that Kinetick is your primary data feed for fast data.

While connected to Kinetick, we'll delete the data you have for 3/29/11 and then download it again.
            • From the Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data Manager -> Edit
            • Expand $EURUSD -> Last -> Minute -> March 2011 -> select 3/29/11 -> Right Click -> Delete -> Confirm that you are deleting this data.
            • Right click in your $EURUSD 60m chart -> Reload All Historical Data

Once the above procedure is complete, browse to that section of your chart.

Comment

Thank you, this helped.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM