Strategy modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy modes

I want to use two ATM strategies one to get in my initial small amount, then once it goes in my favor, scale in with a bigger amount. i want the second ATM strategy to take over the first position when I implement it. I have watched videos and read the user guide so i am pretty sure I am using the right strategy mode to accomplish what I want. but I test it out and the old stop doesn't move to the new one. It still shows two stops.
    I have selected the "Select Active....." as my default. this is correct?
    Can you suggest why it isn't working as I think it should?
    thanks

Hello sesplin,

Unfortunately it is not supported to have your first ATM orders automatically adjust to the second set of ATM orders. If you use "Select Active.....", it will merge the second ATM orders with the first ATM orders. The other two selection modes will not accomplish your goal either.

You will need to adjust the first ATM orders manually and merge them with the second ATM orders. Please use "Keep Selected..." as selection mode, so your second ATM orders are not merged with the first ATM orders. The second ATM orders will be submitted at the prices defined. Subsequently you need to manually adjust the first ATM orders with the second ATM orders. Instructions to manually modify ATM orders can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I guess I mis-read and mis-heard that on the user guide. If the Keep Selective keeps the first ATM strategy active what is the functionality of the select active strategy mode?

Comment

Hi sesplin,

The 'select active' setting serves to automatically select the active ATM strategy as soon as the order has been submitted.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rene69851  
        Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes