Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart only loads 3 days and bards are compressed

Hi,

I just upgraded to NT7 and I'm having a few problems. I use it for live trading. I'm with PFGBest which i believe gives me TT datafeed.

- One is even though on the data series screen I have it set to load 15 days, only 3 days will load on my screen.

- Also, the chart keeps getting compressed because there's a red line going through where the price is ZERO and so for instance the chart on TF shows from 0 to 825 on the Y axis. How can I get rid of this zero reference line?

Thank you.

Nick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickF; 04-19-2011, 07:40 AM.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your post.

Just to avoid any future confusion, the PFG connection is likely using PFG data. You could check the green box which appears in the lower left corner of the Control Center when connected to confirm this. If that box reads 'Connected - PFGBest.com', that should be where the data is coming from.

Per the number of days loaded in the chart, please scroll back to the oldest historic bar in the chart, then middle mouse click on that bar. Can you tell me what date and time is reported in the data box which appears?

Insofar as the red line is concerned, this looks to be something plotted by one of the indicators which have been applied. Removing those indicators one-by-one should reveal the indicator which is responsible. You can then set that indicator's 'Auto Scale' property to 'False' to prevent this type of display issue from occurring again in the future.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm connected to PFG.

So the price on the chart actually goes all the way to 0 at 17:00 hours. That's something I never ran into. I switched the chart indicators to auto scale false and it didn't change the problem. attached are 2 more screenshots to see if it helps. It doesn't happen with my ES or 6E charts. But the ES chart I have to load 15 days and it only loads till 4/11 that's the oldest date.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nick,

Please provide the date/time of the oldest historic bar on your chart.

Likewise, please tell me which session template you're using in the chart. (right click then select Data Series, session template is listed therein)

Comment

ES Chart, oldest bar: 4/11/11 00:31
          TF Chart, oldest bar: 4/11/11 00:25 - 4/18 at 17:00 the price goes to zero and it's back to normal by 17:12

Session Template TF and ES and 6E: CME US Index Futures ETH

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

Please set the session templates to 'Default 24/7', double-check the days back property, then right click in the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

If the full 15 days are still not avaialble, please check the last bar once again.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Sorry I was gone for work for a while here. But My problem persist. Somehow everyday at 5pm my TF chart goes to 0 causing a big problem since I use Range charts.

SO: Can I set the chart session to be from 17:01 to 16:59. I know I could do that on NT6.5 but I can't find it on NT7.

Another quick question: on the period drop down menu didn't it use to have the range option as well instead of just minutes days and the standard stuff? How can I see range in there? I change it often so it would save me time.

Thanks

Comment

Hi NickF,

That would be a possible work-around. For this you'd need to create a custom session template. You'll find more information on that process at the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

The toolbar menu within the chart contains only minute-based intervals as it exists currently. In order to switch to a range based interval, you would need to open the Data Series menu and effect the change there. That said, a change to the toolbar is on development's list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

I'll play around with the custom session settings.
                  Regards,

NickF

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                  Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                  0 responses