Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Daily Automate Strategy

Hi,

I have a strategy that trade many instruments and stay alive for few days even weeks and will adjust the positions and Stop Loss as the trade goes.
    My concern is that if I lose the connection with the broker, because of internet disconnection or a needed update over a weekend the PC the strategy is disable and when I enable it again I'll need to manually place positions to be in sync.

What is the best way from your experience to tackle this issue?

Tx in advance!

Hello freewind,

The options at Control Center-->Tools-->Strategies-->NinjaScript are important as per the behavior of your strategy in case of a disconnection. Please see the link below for more information.

The following link will provide information how you strategy will behave on start-up in case you need to manually start the strategy again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

In a situation of disconnection between my NT and the broker the Stop Loss and Take Profit positions are still active in the broker servers?

Comment

Yes, once the stop loss and profit target orders receive a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, it indicates the orders reside at the broker or exchange. So if a disconnection occurs, the orders are still active at the broker or exchange. More information can be found at the link below.
        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

You can check the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab-->State column.

Please note that OCO functionality resides natively on your PC. So if you have an OCO order set active and you lose connection or NinjaTrader is shut down, subsequently one of the OCO orders fill at the exchange, it will not cancel the other OCO order. NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected to send the order cancellation request.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes