Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

why does 'semicup' indicator show differently between data box and market analyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does 'semicup' indicator show differently between data box and market analyer

the semicup indicator, when semicup is formed and the pointer on the bar ,it shows digital reading in data box, if not semicup it shows N/A in data box, but in the market analyer column of the indicator-semicup, it always show the digital reading,same as the bar close price.totally different from the one in data box..why?i got the indicator from the below:
    www.ninjatrader.com/SC/April2011SC.zip.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

What happens is when the indicator does not set its plot NinjaTrader set it with the close price. Since you cannot have a null value in programming it must be set with something so the close price is substituted in.

The chart does some detection to show N/A here instead of the close price. The market analyzer however does not do this detection. Therefor this is unfortunately expected.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

thanks for your answer.Actually I want to use the market analyzer to show which instrument is in the state of "semicup",which is not.is it possible to add some code in indicator to make the detection, like when it is in semicup, it shows "1" in columns,or show "o"?if it is ok ,pls give some example code to solve it..

Comment

Hello,

This would be possible by using a version of the indicator that is meant for the market analyzer only and plots a 0 or 1 if its on or off.

I do not have an exact sample on how to do this. However, you can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

NinjaTrader Support Forum:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post techgetgame  
        Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes