Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM Buy Stops

Hi,

I am using the SuperDom. When I place a buy order above the market price inside the DOM I get filled immediately without price trading to it. How do I set it so that a buy order placed above market price is set as a buy stop, and a sell order below market price is a sell stop ?

Thanks

Hello ScottieDog,

Thank you for your post.

To place a Buy Stop Market Order, in the BUY column of the SuperDOM above the current price action, use the CTRL+Middle mouse button (press down on your mouse scroll wheel)

I am including links to our Video Library and Help Guide for additional information on this subject.

Video Library:

Help Guide:
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don´t have a "middle mouse button". I want it to place buy/sell stops by default please.

Comment

ScottieDog,

Unfortunately there is no way to change the default left mouse click to place Stop Orders instead of Limit Orders.

However, if your computer is not recognizing your middle mouse wheel as a button, I have provided the steps below to complete in windows to help with the configuration.
        1. Start Menu
        2. Control Panel
        3. Mouse
        4. Buttons
        5. Under the buttons tab you should have an option to make the middle mouse wheel a different button.

If this option is not available please reference the mouse software you have installed to change any settings. You may have to contact the manufacture of the mouse for more information on how to reconfigure their software.

You can also use the Hot Key Manager within NinjaTrader to create custom order entry actions.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/trading_with_hot_keys.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
          Unfortunately there is no way to change the default left mouse click to place Stop Orders instead of Limit Orders.
          Is this issue currently being addressed? Even though an obvious solution is to get a mouse with a middle button, there are those like myself who sometimes use a laptop with no stand alone mouse at all. It would be a significant burden for it to be necessary to hook up a mouse in certain circumstances. Other platforms do allow single click stop order entry with a simple left click of the mouse (albeit an act of congress to get things set up that way, but it can be done); this need not be a deal breaker, as I am considering a change, but I’m still curious to know if there are plans in the works to deal with this problem that will no doubt prove to be quite annoying.

Comment

Hi fast1,

A change here is on development's list of future considerations, but there is currently no word on if or when any change would be applied.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can also use the Hot Key Manager within NinjaTrader to create custom order entry actions.
              There doesn't appear to be any NinjaTrader hot-key function to place a stop order (and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to configure their mouse so they couldn't use one of their other mouse buttons so they could instead use their middle mouse button.)

Also related to the middle-mouse-button and hot-key functions, could something be added to NinjaTrader so I could add a hot-key that could be used with a chart to pop up the mini-databox when I'm on my laptop?

Thanks.

Comment

KBJ,

I will check with development to see if we can have this added to a list of future enhancements. Once I get a confirmation, I will send you a tracking number for this feature request.

Comment

KBJ,

I was able to speak with our Development Team.

You can add a custom order such as a Stop order by opening the Hot Key Manager -> Order Entry -> right clicking in the Order Entry window -> Custom Order

Regarding the Mini data box, this feature request will be tracked using id #927

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Comment

You can add a custom order such as a Stop order by opening the Hot Key Manager -> Order Entry -> right clicking in the Order Entry window -> Custom Order
                    Cameron, Thanks for checking into this for me.

I cannot find this "Custom Order" selection...

Am I looking on the right screen?

(I'm using 7.0.1000.4).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Right click in the right hand column that you posted in your screenshot to get the menu option to create a custom order.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                        Right click in the right hand column that you posted in your screenshot to get the menu option to create a custom order.
                        Brett, thanks

And it's right in the help if I had found the right page. Here's the link if anyone else needs it... Trading with Hot Keys .... (click on the bottom entry that says "How to create custom order actions").

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cre8able  
                        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Sam2515