Master Login Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Login Failure

If you are an Interactive Broker client using a master login and you are considering the purchase of Ninja Trader, save your money. It's not going to work. Apparently, IB and NT don't work together if you have a master login. I've bantered with both IB and NT support asking for a work around but they pretty much have my money and have no incentive to provide me any additional support. If anyone has any ideas other than NT, bring it on, I'm more than willing to entertain anything.

Thanks

Originally posted by SeaTrader View Post
    If you are an Interactive Broker client using a master login and you are considering the purchase of Ninja Trader, save your money. It's not going to work. Apparently, IB and NT don't work together if you have a master login. I've bantered with both IB and NT support asking for a work around but they pretty much have my money and have no incentive to provide me any additional support. If anyone has any ideas other than NT, bring it on, I'm more than willing to entertain anything.

Thanks
    If you are referring to Financial Advisor accounts then correct, this is not supported. We are happy to continue providing support. If you purchased NinjaTrader under the pretense that it would work with your account and it does not, please send an email to sales attention to John and reference this thread.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      If you are referring to Financial Advisor accounts then correct, this is not supported. We are happy to continue providing support. If you purchased NinjaTrader under the pretense that it would work with your account and it does not, please send an email to sales attention to John and reference this thread.
      No, I'm not referencing the FA accounts. If you already have one account with IB and you want to add a second account like I did (I had an IRA and I added a margin account) when you go through the application process, if you use the same email address IB will identify you as the same individual and stop you in the process and ask that you login to account management and add your new account there. However, when you do that, once the account is created, it is linked together and the credentials you once had for your original account now becomes your master login for all accounts. It is a nice feature problem being though that NT7 will no longer work.

I don't want my money back, I want to trade and I want everything to work but I was left to figure that out on my own. So, for those interested, here is what you have to do. I had to create a separate email address then go back through the application process and create a whole new account. Once completed, you will receive compelely different login credentials at which time NT will work again. Not a huge deal, it just would have been nice to have known this earlier on. This solution has its limitations but at least I still get to trade.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse