Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line inclination changes when I move it even "Snap Mode" set to "Disabled"

Hello,

I have realised that sometimes when I have "Snap Mode" set to "Disabled" and I move an "Extended Line" this line changes a little bit its inclination. It seems that the anchors are snaping to the bars but not like when "Snap Mode" is set to "Bar", the variation of the inclination is smaller.

I thought that when "Snap Mode" is set to "Disabled" the inclination of the line never changes even a little.

This could be a problem when I am working with parallel lines because if I move one I am always wondering if its inclination has changed.

Any idea of what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Hello IkerCB,

Thank you for your post.

Where are you clicking to pick up the extended line to move it? Are you clicking on an achor point, or the line itself?

I have tested this with all 4 snap modes and do not experience the extended line incline changing when moving to another location.

You may also be intersted in the new Trend channel drawing tool which will be released in NT V7.0.1000.5:

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...endChannel.swf
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your answer.

The new Trend channel drawing tool looks great, is a really necessary tool in my opinion.

About my problem, if "Snap Mode" is not set to "Disabled" (is set to "Bar" for example) when you move the line, its anchors are always trying to snap to the bars, so its inclination changes.

So to avoid this I set "Snap Mode" to "Disabled" and I realise that the inclination also changes, when it should not. It is not a big change, and sometimes is difficult to reproduce the error, but it occurs.

Comment

I forgot this

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post

Where are you clicking to pick up the extended line to move it? Are you clicking on an achor point, or the line itself?
        I am clicking on the line itself or on the center point, always when the cursor is in the shape of 4 arrows.

Comment

Hello IkerCB,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I haven't been able to reproduce this currently, however I will keep an eye out and see if it gives me issues.

If there any more specific steps you can provided, please let me know.

If any other users have experienced this, please feel free to report this issue as well.

Comment

Hello Matthew,

These are the steps:

• I create a new workspace and a new chart (ES 06-11)
            • I set "Snap Mode" to "Disabled"
            • I draw an "Extended Line"
            • I make a copy of this "Extended Line". This step is not really necessary, but I do this to have a reference, so I can check if the inclination changes or not.
            • I move carefully the line, not so far, and the inclination changes, now the lines are not parallel.

I have attached an image where you can see the two lines.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Can you please right click on the Y-axis (price) and select properties.

From the chart panel properties, what do you have the scale "Type" set to? Logarithmic, or Linear? Do you your results change if you toggle these two options?

Comment

Hello,

The Scale Type is set to "Linear", I have changed to "Logarithmic" and same result, the anchors are trying to snap when you move the line.

Comment

Hello,

I was able to reproduce depending on where the two anchor points are located. We have made some changes in the upcoming release of R5 to improve this.

In the mean time, please ensure you have drawn your anchor points far enough apart to avoid this issue

Comment

Hello Matthew,

Ok, thanks. Any date for the upcoming release?

Comment

Hello,

No scheduled date at the moment. You should received a in product announcement when this is released.

You can also check for new releases on our Facebook or Twitter page.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes