Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YM no feed on NT7

Hello support,

I finally moved to NT7.0.4 a few weeks ago. I have two issues, let me describe this one first.

All instruments of interest is working fine. But YM does not work. YM historical load ok, but there is no realtime feed! How do I go about resolving it?
    This issue appears both on my life trading and sim computer. I already change the session template to default 24/7.
    When I create new DOM and select YM06-11, all columns show blank. I have tried removing the instrument from list and re-selecting.

Best regards,
    EdwardK.

Hello EdwardK,

Can you please disconnect from all data feeds in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Restart NinjaTrader and check if the issue remains.

If so, please tell me to what data feed you connect in NinjaTrader. Please post screenshots of the Definition and Misc tabs of the YM instrument as well. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the YM and click Edit. The Instrument Editor window will appear that contains the Definition and Misc tabs.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT7 crash around Noon

Hello Jason,

It works, thanks.

The second issue I have is that NT7 crash within about 15 seconds after Noon time, consistently daily. But this happens only on my Live trading computer. My Sim computer does not have such issue. Both computer use same indicators.

There is no warning message from NT7 that it has detected problem. The issue is reported by Windows. When I check trace it show nothing. Memory usage is not high at about 400 to 500MB.

Regards,
      EdwardK.

Comment

Hi EdwardK.,

When this occurs, do you receive an error message? If so, could you post an image of that error?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,

Only from Windows, the standard Windows error reporting that ask if user wants to send error report to Microsoft.
          I did not screen capture this. If you want this, I can only send out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Regards.
          EdwardK.

Comment

I see. When you experience this issue, am I correct NinjaTrader is shut down automatically?

Could you please send me the log and trace files for the latest occurrence you experienced. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110407 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110407 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread. Perhaps information listed in the files provide me an indication what causes the issue.

When did you start to experience this issue? Did you make any changes in NinjaTrader or your PC when you first started to experience it?

Comment

Hello Jason,

Yes, NT was shutdown automatically after that. The trace and the log does not have anything around that time. Anyway I will send today's data.

I have not been using NT7 until a few weeks back when I believe I upgraded from release 2 to release 4, on both computer.

I did not do any other installation of other softwares. My porting to NT7 of my own custom indicators are done on my sim computer then moved to live when fully working. I created session template modifying from default 24/5 save as another one. This is also done on my Sim computer, which does not exhibit such issue.

Thanks.
              Regards.
              EdwardK.

Comment

Unfortunately it will be difficult to troubleshoot. I checked your files, but they did not provide me any indication of what might be causing the issue.

I suggest to try an uninstall/re-install of NinjaTrader 7 first. You will save all settings and data.

Please uninstall NinjaTrader 7 from the Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs if you have Windows XP)

Clear your browser cache (cookies, temporary internet files, etc).

Download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.4 from the link below.

Check if the issue persists tomorrow.

Comment

Hello Jason,

Will try tomorrow.

Thanks.

EdwardK.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trimpy, Today, 04:38 AM