Changing Bar rollover time on NT7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Bar rollover time on NT7?

I have been using the same system for years with Metatrader and now Ninjatrader on a 4hr chart and have always had my bars start at 12:00, 4:00, 8:00..ect. That is the way I backtested and forward tested in MT4 and Ninjatrader 6.5. In Ninjatrader 7 the bars start at 1:00, 5:00, 9:00...ect. How do I change this? I really don't want to trade these time frames without back testing them and I would rather not do that.

Hello Radkins,

The session template determines at what time price bars are being build. So you will need to use a session template that uses 12:00 as session start time or another time that will create 4 hour bars in such increments.

You can view all existing session templates in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). It will allow you to modify or create new session templates as well. Please see the following link for more information.

Please take note of the time zone that is setup for the session template as well. For example, the 'Default 24/7' session template starts at 12:00 AM EDT. However, if your PC clock is set to CDT, bars will start at 11:00 PM (previous day).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I read that on here and tried it, but that seems to have no effect on the time that my candles open and close. Right now I am looking at NT and the session start times are set to default (12:00), time zone is set to Eastern, the clock on my computer is correct and the time zone is also set to Eastern. When I hover over the current 4 hr bar it says the close time is 1:00. When I look at a minute chart it ticking the correct local time. I even changed the session open and close times in session manager and restarted and re connected and it did not change anything. What am I missing?
      Last edited by Radkins; 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Hello Radkins,

Can you please proceed as follows. Go to Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab and delete the historical data you have present.

Restart NinjaTrader.

Perform a new backtest and check if price bars are incremented as you like.

When I test it on my end, it increments the price bars as expected.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have tried reloading historical data several times, but I went ahead and deleted it like you said and restarted/reconnected. Bars are still rolling over at 1:00, 5:00, 9:00..ect. Session is still set to default (12:00) and the minute chart still shows the correct time????

Comment

Can you please tell me what exact setting is selected for 'Session template' in the backtest window. Does it reflect 'Default 24/7'?

If so, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager and select the 'Default 24/7' session template. What time zone is reflected?

When I perform a backtest using the 'Default 24/7' session template, which is set to the same time zone as my PC clock, I plot 4 hour bars in the increments you desire.

Comment

Yes it is set to Default 24/7, all times set to 12:00AM. Time zone was set to Eastern. When I switch to Indiana East time zone I can get the bars to say they are rolling over at 12:00, but when you go to the minute chart it thinks it is an hour earlier than it really is here, so it is still going to start drawing new bars an hour later. I have 3 other computers with NT6.5 on them with the computer time zone set to Eastern Daylight, as well as this one when I had 6.5 on it. Since I loaded NT7 on it I cannot get the charts to look like the other computers no matter what I do.

Comment

Hello Radkins,

It seems the 'Default 24/7' session temlpate is set to CDT time zone.

Once you set the PC clock to EDT again, can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. Select the 'Default 24/7' session template. Set time zone to EDT (GMT -5) and click Save.

Subsequently perform a new backtest and check if price bars are incremented as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello Radkins,

It seems the 'Default 24/7' session temlpate is set to CDT time zone.

Once you set the PC clock to EDT again, can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager. Select the 'Default 24/7' session template. Set time zone to EDT (GMT -5) and click Save.

Subsequently perform a new backtest and check if price bars are incremented as you like.
                  I have done that several times, restarting/reconnectin NT after each attempt. As I said, when the PC clock is on EDT and the Session Manager is set to EDT Default 24/7 my candles are starting at 1:00. Not sure what else to tell you.
                  Last edited by Radkins; 04-05-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hello,

This is Brett assisting for Jason.

CAn you please email into support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post so we can give instructions to remote into your PC and look into this. There is a small setting missing somewhere.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888
                    by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                    7 responses