price label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price label

i need price labels for each horizontal line(on the chart next to the line), to be specific, when i draw a rectangle i like to be able to display price according to its horizontal lines (one for the higher line and one for the lower line)and i like to be able to extend it to the right so it grows as the chart grows. any solution. thanks

Hello

Thank you for your post.

Have you checked out the ‘ConstantLines’ indicator available in NinjaTrader? It is available from the Indicators menu.

Let me know if you had something else in mind and if you can provide an example or screenshot.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

horizontal channel w price labels

i did insert the 'constantlines' indicator but it didnt do anything. unless i'm missing something or i didnt explain myself clearly. i basically need a horizontal channel line (two parallel horizontal straight lines)that can also display the price. please see image and if i can add this to the drawing menu, will be great. also how can i have the drawing menu as buttons on top of the chart, or can i.
      regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello

I attached a screenshot of the ConstantLines indicator applied to the ES 06-11. The shot includes the indicator configuration/edit dialog for additional clarification on how to set up.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Attached Files

Comment

ok. i did manage to do that but only when i manually entered price for each line and it seems like one time deal! what i need is to be able to draw a line (or preferably a parallel pair)so it can automatically display the price many times on the same chart. also important thing for me is that i want the line(s) to start at the point i draw the line and extend to the right. like drawing a 'Ray' but with the price and horizontal. if i can do that easily then two lines isnt important as i can easily create the second one.

Comment

this is a screen shot of a live chart with all those channels. this is tradestation platform and it is how i do my analysis. i should be able to automatically draw lines, move them or delete them or add new ones.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello jimnovak

Have you searched the NinjaScript file-sharing section of the forum? There are some similar custom drawing tools to what you are describing. If you find what you’re looking for you could always tweak an existing script or program your own.

NinjaScript File-Sharing section:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our NinjaScript consultants.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

ok.will do. thank you.
                is there anyway i can have the drawing menu displayed as bottons all the time. i dont like having to constantly select the menu and then submenu and all that.

Comment

Hi jimnovak,

There's not a way to keep the drawing menu open at all times as it stands currently. That said, I'm wondering if using the hot-keys might meet your needs.

When you open the drawing objects menu, you'll notice that each drawing object has a key or key combination listed next to it. Clicking that key or key combination will select the drawing object. So, for instance, clicking F2 will select the line drawing object.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post nandhumca  
                  Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                  0 responses