Interactive Brokers TWS version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers TWS version

Hi, can I just confirm what sort of IB TWS version I should be using? I'm using Version 911.3, and it's giving me all sorts of horrible problems. I'm unable to view my account info, my popups autoclose, etc.

I was hoping to upgrade, but am worried about compatibility issues. Should I stick with 911.3, or is there another version I can use?

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Best place to check for updates on this is here:

911 is the current supported version.

However on your two issues you mentioned. The 1st one is a bug with IB's TWS they acknowledge when NinjaTrader is connection with Friends and Family accounts.

The second one is a setting in your connection. Tools->Account Connection->Change the TWS connection and then uncheck run time pop up handling.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Ahh, thanks for fixing the handling issue!

I'd like help with another query. Would it be possible for me to receive fill information from each trade I execute? Sent from Ninjatrader rather than IB. Their alert system is worthless.

I was hoping NT might have a sort of fill reporting system which would send me emails each time my strategy executes a trade in my absence. This way I would be able to know which instrument has traded, the entry price, the position etc.

Comment

skyholder,

You can monitor fill events by structuring your orders as IOrder objects. Best place to monitor for order state changes is OnOrderUpdate()

protected override void OnOrderUpdate(IOrder order)
        {
        if (entryOrder != null && entryOrder == order)
        {
        Print(order.ToString());
        if (order.OrderState == OrderState.Filled)
        {
        // Do something here
        entryOrder = null;
        }
        }
        }
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brett,
          It is not really accurate to say that " The 1st one is a bug with IB's TWS they acknowledge when NinjaTrader is connection with Friends and Family accounts." There are several fixed versions of TWS that do not have this problem. So it sounds like you are saying that NT is waiting for IB, when IB has fixed all the problems. The current problem is with NT, as NT does not support all the working versions of TWS. I have no idea why after so many months NT does not support the later TWS, perhaps you can comment?
          I make this point because we are waiting eagerly for NT to go ahead and support the working TWS, but so far NT does not. There is nothing I'm waiting on IB for.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Best place to check for updates on this is here:

911 is the current supported version.

However on your two issues you mentioned. The 1st one is a bug with IB's TWS they acknowledge when NinjaTrader is connection with Friends and Family accounts.

The second one is a setting in your connection. Tools->Account Connection->Change the TWS connection and then uncheck run time pop up handling.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

Will check with development. However last I understood this was still an outstanding issue with any version of TWS. We just updated our TWS api to version 911. IB releases a lot of versions therefor we update to the latest version of TWS on a gradual baises. However if there is a fix to this issue with TWS on this issue it is worth letting development know so that we can release an update for this version of TWS that resolves this issue.

Do you have a page in TWS change logs for there version that shows this problem is solved that you where notified on so that I can also send this information to development letting them know this was fixed by any chance handy?

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Hello,

We are currently unaware of a released version of TWS that resolves this at this time I have checked with development.

Comment

I posted the version months ago. This is really bizarre. Yes, there is a fixed version and I was given the exact release number by IB and then posted it to the forum. I have been waiting patiently thinking NT was working it!

I did a quick search but could not find the post as I've had so many. I'll check my IB inbox to see what it is...

Hello,

We are currently unaware of a released version of TWS that resolves this at this time I have checked with development.

Comment

The release was in Jan 2011. From IB tech support:

This issue was in fact a system limitation whereby IB only allows one account to be selected at a time. IB has made changes with TWS Build 914 which is currently a Beta release. I would advise you to use the Beta version of TWS.
                  Thank you,
                  -Angel
                  IB Technical Support

I suppose you will say you can't support a beta release of TWS? Why don't you put out a beta release of NT to go with the beta TWS?
                  Last edited by tradetree; 04-05-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Looks like this might be incorrect information or the fix didnt make it through beta testing. Here is the copied fixes and changes log from IB for 914. There is no mention of this being resolved. Also, I have checked the next 2 versions and it does not mention it being resolved either. Only very minor updates. We cannot recommend using any version of IB other then 911 at this time. As always though, we will update our supported IB version in our normal product update cycle for the IB API.

Fixes and Changes

The following additions and modifications have also been included in TWS build 914:
                    • The ability to configure the decimal place display for the Greeks has been added to the OptionTrader. Select a Greek (gamma, delta, theta, vega) and use the right-click menu to select Configure Column. In the Precision Level section, enter the number of decimal places to display after the decimal point.
                    • An issue that incorrectly moved the start time for futures set after 16:15 to the specified time but on the following day has been fixed.
                    • Charts: An update issue that resulted in gaps in a line chart has been addressed.
                    • Global Configuration: The API section in Global Configuration has been broken into two pages, Settings and Precautions, and has been moved from the single-page alpha listing to the multiple page listing, just above the Display section. Fixes and Changes
                      The following additions and modifications have also been included in TWS build 914:

Comment

I checked the IB website and the latest "released" version of TWS is 916 in march 2011. That is two versions beyond the fixed release I mentioned below. How can development say they are not aware of a release supporting this fix when all you have to do is go to the website? I am very confused.

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
                      The release was in Jan 2011. From IB tech support:

This issue was in fact a system limitation whereby IB only allows one account to be selected at a time. IB has made changes with TWS Build 914 which is currently a Beta release. I would advise you to use the Beta version of TWS.
                      Thank you,
                      -Angel
                      IB Technical Support

I suppose you will say you can't support a beta release of TWS? Why don't you put out a beta release of NT to go with the beta TWS?

Comment

Please see response below looks like our posts cross paths. I mentioned by this is we are not aware of a fix to this issue in IB. I see no information on there website showing it fixed as posted below. We never update to the latest version of IB and always run a few versions behind due to testing and also IB updates there product more frequently then we do and each release must undergo testing to make sure compatibility with our clients. We will update our IB TWS in our normal update procedure. I do not have an release date I can provide for this update at this time.

Thank You.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 04-05-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Brett,
                          So NT is officially saying that IB TWS does not have a fixed version of TWS for the problem IB acknowledged? If that is the case I can work that with IB technical support. I have a lot of funds with them and I'll get to the bottom of this. But I have to have my facts right. If you are making a claim that they dispute, then we'll have to move forward from there. Has anyone at NT actually tried the latest TWS?

Hello,

Looks like this might be incorrect information or the fix didnt make it through beta testing. Here is the copied fixes and changes log from IB for 914. There is no mention of this being resolved. Also, I have checked the next 2 versions and it does not mention it being resolved either. Only very minor updates. We cannot recommend using any version of IB other then 911 at this time. As always though, we will update our supported IB version in our normal product update cycle for the IB API.

Fixes and Changes

• The ability to configure the decimal place display for the Greeks has been added to the OptionTrader. Select a Greek (gamma, delta, theta, vega) and use the right-click menu to select Configure Column. In the Precision Level section, enter the number of decimal places to display after the decimal point.
                          • An issue that incorrectly moved the start time for futures set after 16:15 to the specified time but on the following day has been fixed.
                          • Charts: An update issue that resulted in gaps in a line chart has been addressed.
                          • Global Configuration: The API section in Global Configuration has been broken into two pages, Settings and Precautions, and has been moved from the single-page alpha listing to the multiple page listing, just above the Display section. Fixes and Changes

Comment

Hello,

Cannot comment on specifics on update procedure and current development. We always are a few version behind on TWS since they update too frequently for us to properly test and release new versions. This has been the case since the start of NinjaTrader and IB.

However, what I am saying by this is that I would be happy to tell development this issue has been fixed with TWS on this as we have many customers that use FF accounts and comment on this issue. I'm just not able to show them any change or fix logs from TWS on there website that shows this issue to be resolved. I would like to see this however and would like to get this information in to development.

Contact me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and put your phone number and I would be happy to call and discuss this with you further if you have more questions.

Thank You.

Comment

I have some new information from IB technical support. They have not released a version of TWS that has a fix for this issue. Someone in technical support a month ago gave me incorrect information that it was fixed in 914. So we were both going in circles due to this bad info.

They have a major architectural issue that is the source of the problem, so the fix is dragging out. They would not give an ETA for a solution.

Originally posted by tradetree View Post
                              Brett,
                              So NT is officially saying that IB TWS does not have a fixed version of TWS for the problem IB acknowledged? If that is the case I can work that with IB technical support. I have a lot of funds with them and I'll get to the bottom of this. But I have to have my facts right. If you are making a claim that they dispute, then we'll have to move forward from there. Has anyone at NT actually tried the latest TWS?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo