Lost indicators after upgrade to R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost indicators after upgrade to R4

After upgrading from R2 to R4, only 11 out of 370 indicators show in the Indicator Window (see attachment). I tried opening a custom ind. and compiled it, but no change. All the charts from any Workspace are missing all ind. Why are the ind. missing? How do I get them back?
    Attached Files

Hello zacharydw00

Thank you for your post.

Please send your Log & Trace files for the most recent date this occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is very critical that you follow the steps outlined on the R4 download page. I am not accusing of not doing this, just stressing the importance. The likely problem is that you have a script that is protected by RemoteSoft installed on your PC. Missing indicators is a symptom of this. Chip will assist you further.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

without wanting to interfer with NinjaTrader policies:

It is my understanding that Remotesoft protected assemblies will still run in 7.0.0.4 if you put the NT7.X86.DLL and NT7.X64.DLL from version 7.0.0.2 in the \Program Files\NinjaTrader 7\bin directory.

This is probably not supported but an experienced user could give it a try on its own risk.

If this does not help or if it creates other problems just delete the files you just added to return to the previous state.

regards

Andreas
        www.zweisteintrading.eu

Comment

Another issue

I solved the indicator issue. Before upgrading I went to http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=39173 but did not see any pre-upgrade instructions. so I ran the setup.exe that I've always used. I would suggest posting important pre-upgrade instructions in a more public location.

Another issue. When I tried to email the log as Chip requested, I got an invalid email warning and could not send the help request. The email validation code does not seem to be working properly. See attachment. The email I entered is valid.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello zacharydw00

After you enter your NinjaTrader license key in the link provided at that forum thread, you should be taken to the NinjaTrader 7 Installation Guide after hitting the green “Download NinjaTrader” button and selecting the 7.0.1000.4 link. All installation/upgrade instructions are available here.

As for the email error message, we have a handful of customers where the Mailing feature isn't working. We have tried to reproduce this on our end but are unsuccessful and therefore there is currently no cure. In these situations, you can send these files using your regular email account.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              It is very critical that you follow the steps outlined on the R4 download page. I am not accusing of not doing this, just stressing the importance. The likely problem is that you have a script that is protected by RemoteSoft installed on your PC. Missing indicators is a symptom of this. Chip will assist you further.
              My understanding is that scripts in NT7....2 and below, are dll-protected by RemoteSoft, and scripts in NT7...4 and future releases are dll-protected by CliSecure.

Now, I want to continue to use my NT7....2 protected scripts, in NT7.....4. Again, my understanding is that if the Authors of these protected scripts do not have new versions (i. e. CliSecure protected) of these scripts, then I can't use them on NT7....4. This is not good for me. Is there any work-around ?

Could there have been CliSecure protected scripts that have been working on NT7....2 and below ?

Omololu

Comment

Hello omololu,

Thank you for your post

If your custom indicators are not compatible with version 4 then you will want to continue with version 2 until the vendor revises their indicators with this new protection. There is currently not a workaround to this item.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or if you require further assistance with this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes