single or multi broker license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single or multi broker license?

I will have a live account at broker A and broker B. I will be trading 100% of the time with broker A, but I will be using broker B to load historical charts and as a backup data vendor.

I would like to purchase the single broker license. I will upgrade to multi broker license in the future if need to.

Can I connect to both brokers simultaneously if I have single broker license with broker B being used as data vendor?

Thanks,
    Sean

Hi Sean,

Unfortunately not. You would need to have a multi-broker license if you wish to connect to two "broker" technologies from one license. We do allow you to connect to a broker and any of our supported market data vendors from one license.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A variation on the previous enquiry.
      I have a singe broker license which is used with IB. I am considering openning an additional account (ZenFire technology). As I intend to use only one of these at any one time, can I do that with my current license? I.E. disconnect from IB and then connect to new broker.

Comment

Installation and Licensing

Hello,

Unfortunatley this will not be possible. With the License being set up for IB, you will not have the connection option for Zen Fire and vice versa.

Comment

Thanks for that info Chris. So I would need a multibroker license even though I only trade one at any time.
          What then will be required of me if I decide to switch permanently to the ZenFire broker?

Comment

Installation and Licensing

Hello,

Correct, you need a multi broker license to connect to each data feed, even though you only connect to one.

If you decide to go with Zen Fire. we can set you back up with a standard edition license.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chris View Post
              If you decide to go with Zen Fire. we can set you back up with a standard edition license.
              Just to make sure I understood that completely, if one will need to switch a single broker connection he can do this within once purchased lifetime license for any single broker for as many times as required and as often as needed all free of charge and limitations?

Also, does single broker license allow connect to GainCapital as a datafeed part of the connection setup just as in NT free demo version or that would be de-functional?
              Last edited by nintra; 03-26-2008, 03:14 PM. Reason: Gain question added

Comment

Nintra,

You are correct in understanding.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post gentlebenthebear