Session Begins / Ends Not Settable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Begins / Ends Not Settable

I cannot change the Session Begins or Ends setting in the Strategy Analyzer backtest dialog.

Specifically, if I type in 9:30 AM for Session Begins the value is reset to 12:00 AM when my cursor leaves the cell. This is true for Session Ends value as well. These values were settable yesterday. I had no problem.

I imagine I have made some global application setting change that caused this problem. It seems to be a global setting, because this problem affects all the strategies, even the sample ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

byz

forgot to add attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

There is no global setting that would prevent you from changing this.

For clarification:

- Can you select SampleMACrossOver strategy
      - Change the session start time to some other value
      - Does this work?
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for responding so quickly.

The SampleMACrossOver sample strategy is one that I previously tested with, and no it did not work.

b

Comment

That is very odd. I've never seen this before. Perhaps try an uninstall/reinstall? Remember to clear your browser cache after you uninstall NinjaTrader.

You may also want to try uninstall/reinstall the .NET framework. You can download it here.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was going to reinstall NT, I just wanted to get support feedback first. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just a note: I'm in the process of evaluating NT. I'm not a professional trader, but am looking for dev platform to do heavy custom strategy coding.

I am a professional Microsoft software developer (mainly C#), and I'm confident that the framework is correctly installed (2.0). I'm running NT on my dev box.

Comment

Well, I'm stuck. I reinstalled NT and the problem (not being able to change the session begin / end times) did not go away.

This is pretty frustrating. Now I can't use the "Close On Exit" feature. And, of course, this begs the question, if there's a bug in something this obvious, what else (less obvious) doesn't work? Yes, I could code a work around myself, but the only reason to choose NT over SmartQuant is the ease of use, which makes it faster to test out stategy ideas.

Is there any way to open a real support ticket?

Comment

This is a support ticket.

This issue has never been reported before and I have escalated this to development. They will provide some insight by tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, I'll have to be man enough to own up to it.

I must have been typing in my times with the wrong format. I had to have been pasting 9:30AM into the property cell. I guess I didn't see there was no space between the number and the letters (bad eyes). When that didn't work I tried other variations like 9 AM, and 9:30. It appears I tried everything but 9:30 AM.

It seems that was all it was. Man, how lame. I appologize if I was snippy in my previous post. Yikes, that's embarrasing.

b

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post AaronKoRn  
                  Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes