Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Automation Issues - IB connection

From my other post that had too many issues:
    I have discovered that after strategies are enabled and are showing entry/exit points graphically, that connecting to TWS causes the entry/exit graphics to go away. The strategy is still running and I don't think there is anything affected in the strategy, it is just a graphical issue in NT. But I have to re-enable the strategy for NT to wake up and display the entry/exit points again even though all other graphics (the ones I create in the strategy) are intact. I want to be clear here that none of these strategies use IB or TWS data sources or even positions in my IB account. They have nothing to do with TWS connections in any way.

I verified that I can reproduce this repeatedly. I can start with a clean workspace, create a new chart with YB 06-11, 15 min (actually any instrument) and enable any strategy. If I connect to IB via TWS, right when it switches back from TWS after sign-on to NT, it clears the order entry graphics.

I have sent workspace files to Ryan via NT email. I also attached the simple (and bad) strategy that I used to generate lots of trades to display.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tradetree; 03-02-2011, 09:25 PM.

Hello TradeTree,

I verified that I can reproduce this repeatedly. I can start with a clean workspace, create a new chart with YB 06-11, 15 min (actually any instrument) and enable any strategy. If I connect to IB via TWS, right when it switches back from TWS after sign-on to NT, it clears the order entry graphics.
    How are you enabling the strategy before connecting?
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Right-click on chart, Strategies, Select strategy, check Enable, click OK. But I believe it behaves the same if I enable from the Control Center Strategies tab. It does it if there is only one chart open, or 6 charts open, and on all of them the same way.

Comment

Sorry, not following your sequence. Please let us know the exact configuration you're using.
        Which Connectivity providers?
        Autostart enabled?
        Which order of connection?
        Are you disconnecting at any point.

We need steps we can follow that will allow us to reproduce the sequence you're connecting/ enabling / disabling/ disconnecting. Thank you.

Comment

I sent info via customer support email. It is easy to reproduce. You can use the strategy I already uploaded earlier in this forum.

Comment

Thank you for the video. I followed it but was not able to see similar issues. Can you please try with our SampleMaCrossOver strategy rather than your custom code. Please let us know if you see the same thing or if the executions remain after enabling the IB connection.

Comment

I uploaded a new video and sent customer support the link. As you will see there is nothing unique to my environment or workspace.

Comment

Thank you. I will take a look at this later today.

Comment

Thank you for the detailed video. We are still not able to reproduce using the same steps, connection and 64 bit.

Can you please send us you My Documents\NinjaTraderfolder zipped up and we will use this to try and reproduce what you're seeing. For large files, this service works well:

Send the link to this my attention with #445347 in the subject or message.

Comment

I sent a support email from NT, and then I sent a file via www.filexpressit.com. I also cleared out all of my personal strategies first and recompiled and verified that the same symptoms happen without any of my strategies even compiled into the NinjaTrader7 folder. This is the same folder I zipped and sent.

Now there is nothing unique to my environment.

Comment

Thank you for the files. We're still not able to reproduce on our end here. We used your entire directory with the exception of your config.xml which controls your account connections. Since this may be related to the specific connections, can you let us know a time that is appropriate to use so that we do not prevent you access.

Comment

Sure, after US markets ETH. I could disconnect at 4:30PM EDT if that would help?

Comment

That sounds good. Will test this after 4:30 Eastern. Thank you.

Comment

Unfortunatley we were still not able to reproduce this. I suggest starting with a clean NT install. Backup all your custom items but do not restore them until you evaluate the issue.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                            1. Close all running applications.
                            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                            4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
                            5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                            6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                            7. Reboot your machine.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

Comment

I did all the steps and reinstalled clean. Then setup my account connections again. Same result.

I develop software professionally and I sympathize with trying to reproduce the problem. But at this point, this is so reproducible that with the proper trace/logging in your system it should be isolated. The graphics must go away for a reason, not randomly. Someone knows that graphics code and should be consulted on this. Please bring in the developer who really knows the order handling graphics.

I have had NT customer service log into my machine for past issues, and that is another avenue. But I think until the real developer of the code sections involved gets pulled in it won't get resolved.

Also, I have a problem now that I reinstalled. I started another thread on it here:

Thanks for the support.
                              Last edited by tradetree; 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron  
                              Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post strategist007