Two NT on one computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two NT on one computer

Hello, can I run NT6.5 and NT7 at the same time on a single pc with 2 NT licenses? Thx.

i couldnt.
    once i downloaded 7.0, 6.5 could no longer get accessed. i had 2 different demo keys from 2 brokers with different futures feeds--one for 6.5, one for 7.0 and i am now screwed since i cant look up my workspaces and templates to see my 6.5 settings for each custom indicator so i can move them to 7.0
    Last edited by simpletrades; 02-26-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Having NT6.5 and NT7 on one computer does not mean one or the other is inaccessible. You just can't run them at the same time. If your 6.5 stopped working it could be because the sim keys expire monthly. You would need to get a new key. If NT6.5 will now not start at all, that is something else altogether.

Dan
      Last edited by eDanny; 02-26-2011, 02:13 PM.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

it has nothing to do with the keys and neither has expired. and i shut down 7.0 and even rbooted before trying 6.5 which was working until fri evening. i couldnt get the CL contract since tues at 230 pm and assumed it was a zenfire problem so i got another broker to send me a 7.0 demo with CQG since that broker had told me zenfire was having problems with CL feed.
        here's my 6.5 error message:
        "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'tmpE8.tmp' in the box below..

Last edited by simpletrades; 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Hi simpletrades,

Thank you for your note.

The issue regarding that .tmp file is likely due to an anti-virus application that removed a needed installation file. To resolve you will want to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

Please uninstall using the Windows Cleanup Installer Utility from the following link:
          Windows Installer CleanUp Utility can remove Windows Installer configuration information on failed installs. This helps if you try to install the program again, but you are unsuccessful. Or, maybe you have problems trying to remove an old program because the installation files are corrupted.

Then please use the following steps for NinjaTrader 6.5 to make sure that the re-install concludes successfully to resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
          1. Close all running applications.
          2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
          3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
          4. Reboot your machine.
          5. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
            Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i'll try it if i need to, but i have no new anti-virus software that wasnt here months ago and my ninja 6.5 has been here a year and a half, so why would it suddenly remove anything after logging in the same way forever?

Comment

Hi simpletrades,

That is the typical cause of this issue when NinjaTrader was previously working, but based on the error message the steps outlined should resolve the issue.

However, if you can send your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com I can review those files from your installation.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
              • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
              • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                Hi simpletrades,

Thank you for your note.

the reason i even got into this mess was because i had no CL oil feed beyond the Tues 230pm close of the oil market. I had 6.5 with zenfire. AMP told me zenfire was having issues with CL and would resolve them soon but only zenfire was supporting 6.5. I wanted the CL candles so I downloaded 7.0 from AMP using CQG but still no oil beyond Tuesday.
                Can you tell me if that story from the broker is true or did ninja somehow shut down the CL contract feed due to volatility since neither zenfire nor CQG came thru but other brokers had feed.

Comment

before i uninstall and reinstall, do i need to do anything with my indicator and template folders?

Comment

i downloaded the cleanup utility and got this error message--now what?
                    its attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi simpletrades,

That message is related to a spyware program, which could also indicate the issue with the .tmp file. As for that message I am not sure what the issue related to the spyware but you may want to run a scan on your PC from the following page, and then attempt to follow the steps to resolve the issue.
                      Detect and fix viruses, worms, spyware, and other malicious threats for free.

Comment

its working and opened 6.5, closed it, opened 7.0, closed it then reopened 6.5 again.
                        thanks.

Comment

Hi simpletrades,

Glad to hear, and then you can ignore my last reply regarding this issue and thank you for following up.

Comment

it wasnt a spybot issue--spybot found a problem with the download. the site had legitimate downloads and closely worded not so legitimate ones apparently. i uninstalled the bogus download spybot caught and then i found the real version.

Comment

Hi simpletrades,

Thank you for that clarification, and I can use that going forward. All the best.

Ryan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post pibrew
                              by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM