CCI strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCI strategy

I have been trying to find a sample strategy or at least a "how to" post to create a strategy for CCI crossing the 190 mark and when it does to give a sound alert and draw blue dots on the price chart above/ below current price bars (depending on whether the most recent prior price bars were in a bull phase or bear phase-maybe a series of 7 dots..). Since I'm new at strategy development I'm not quite clear what to use in the 2nd window in the strategy development CCI > THAN WHAT??-I don't see a math series in the second window...

Confused so far...

Thanks for any help!

Paul

Hello plemal,

Thank you for your post.

I would suggest reviewing our Help Guide section on the Strategy Wizard and the Condition Builder:

In this section, there is information on 'How to make price data comparisons' or 'How to create a cross over condition'

There is also a Strategy Actions section of the Help Guide which will outline 'How to Draw on a Chart'

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

CCI strategy...still stuck

Matthew:

I'm still stuck at the same place despite your feedback-here is a quick synopsis of the problem:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

Comment

plemal,

Thank you for that detailed description of your question.

If you would like the condition to be set when the CCI crosses above the 190 mark, in the right column, you would use Misc--> Numeric value--> set the Value to 190.

This will tell the strategy that the condition is met once the CCI crosses above 190 as the data series.

Comment

Re: CCI

Thanks Matthew...that may have worked...I guess I won't know until the market reopens and it triggers but that certainly does clarify things-thanks much!

Paul

Comment

CCI alert

Matthew-I'm still not getting any alerts on the screen even though I have the strategy enabled...

I thought maybe the problem was because I didn't have the number as "-190" vs. just "190"...changed that still no luck...

Any other idea or should I do another quick video of what I am doing so you can see...

Also-why is strategies grayed out when I go back to chart and right-click on it?

Thanks for any help...

Paul

Comment

Paul,

When you have the strategy enabled, do you mean only from the Strategies tab? You mentioned the strategy icon was greyed out on the chart.

You cannot have strategies enabled on the same chart you have chart trader enabled on. Please ensure you have chart trader disabled on this chart.

Please let me know if you have further issues after disabling chart trader if that is the case.

Comment

Re: CCI alerts not firing

Matthew-heres a video that describes what I've done and still no alerts showing up on the chart:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hopefully this is clear enough-please let me know if it is not...thanks!!

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Alerts won't bring up a pop- up window automatically. You need to have the alerts window open with File > New > Alerts. They will only trigger if the condition occurs in real time.

Adding Drawing objects offers a good visual confirmation. You will want to change your Y value though since you are drawing at 0. You can select the Y input and draw at bar highs or lows so that they are actually plotted on the chart. Please see here for help drawing with the strategy wizard:
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re: CCI

Ryan:

I'm not sure how to setup that code as I assume a "user defined input"-which I think is what you are suggesting...

Re:

4. Set the Bars ago parameter to "0" which will draw the diamond on the current bar x location
                    5. Set the Y parameter to the "High" of the current bar plus one tick by pressing the "..." button to display the Value window

Again-I'm not sure where and how to spell that out-but am ok with it being 0 bars back (current bar)....but it still is not triggering...and the instructions above on your site are not clear enough about how I choose to setup with it drawing at the bar highs or lows....

Kinda new at this-so I apologize for the lack of skill here..

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

No user defined input here. Just create an alerts window to monitor for alerts and change the Y value of the drawing object so it's not 0 (High[0] works well). There is a sample screenshot of this setup in the link provided. I've attached one here as well.

If you're new to this, please consider attending tomorrow's Automated strategy development webinar at 5:30 Eastern time. I'd be happy to show you an example drawing at bar highs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Maybe we can try one more time...I did a more comprehensive video and since I have another indicator package that I bought that is alerting me with no problem there is probably just one tweak that needs done here...can you or someone from support look at my settings again and please make any recommended changes? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the video. You have not yet addressed the suggestion made in post 9 of this thread. Your drawing objects are still drawing at 0 so there's no way to evaluate historically if your condition is true.

You don't have an alert window up, which is needed to see the alerts. Click File > New > Alerts to see this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Touch-Ups  
                          Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                          8 responses
                          0 likes