Shadow strategy in sim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow strategy in sim

I'm using the paid version of NT so I've created a secondary Sim account (call it Sim102). Can I place my order using ATM Strategy A in the DOM using Sim101, and in the Shadow box select ATM Strategy B, and have that strategy be executed in Sim102? Or some variation?

Today I ran two DOMs side by side and it worked but I'd like to be able to just place the order once and not even have to think about the other strategy running.

Hi JoshDance,

Thank you for your post.

The Shadow Strategy can be enabled when placing trades from one account, and then those trades should be duplicated to the sim101 account. However, the Shadow Strategies were designed to be used on live trading accounts.

If you are wanting to run the same ATM strategy on two accounts then you may want to use the Account Groups feature and then place trades using the group that then distributes those trades to the component accounts. More information at:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm wanting to run two different ATM strategies on two different accounts, both simulated accounts.

So from what you're saying, it sounds like I need to place orders in the Sim102 account strategy A, and if I select strategy B in the Shadow box, then strategy B will be executed in Sim101. Is that correct?

Comment

JoshDance,

This wouldn't work if you are wanting to run two separate strategies as the Shadow Strategy is meant to take strategies placed on a live account and then shadow them to the sim101 account.

You can apply separate strategies, but the original would have to be placed to a live account to shadow to the sim101 account.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn  
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes