Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to Windows 7 SP1 and NT 7.0 stopped working

Hi:

My computer just automatically updated to Windows 7 SP1.
    Tried to start Ninja Trader 7.0 as usual but every time I get an error
    "Ninja Trader application has stopped working"Windows is checking for a solution (which, obviously, has not found yet).

How to solve this issue?

Thanks,
    pak

Hello pak,

Since you have Windows 7 SP 1, you will need to run NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 beta. Please see the link below for more information.

If you make use of any 3rd party software, please check with the 3rd party vendor if their software is compatible in version 7.0.1000.3.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so we should only upgrade to the newest NT once we have windows 7 service pack 1 already installed on our computer correct?

and the newest NT will not function until service pack 1 has already installed?
      Last edited by msushi; 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msushi View Post
        so we should only upgrade to the newest NT once we have windows 7 service pack 1 already installed on our computer correct?

and the newest NT will not function until service pack 1 has already installed?
        NT7 R3 beta will function on any Windows 7 installation, pre or post SP1. The concern is whether any 3rd party indicators you may be using will work with the latest NT7.

Dan
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

installed sp1, ninja stopped working
          trying to install rc3 click on install and ....nothing

what to do?
          windows 7 ultimate / 64 bit

Comment

Hello 066-nl,

You will need to have NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 installed before you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7.

Please uninstall Service Pack 1 as per the instructions at the link below.

Subsequently uninstall/re-install NinjaTrader from the following link.

You will see step by step instructions after you clicked version 7.0.1000.3 on our download page.

Comment

Are you kidding? uninstalling Sp1?

this is the end for me and ninja

Comment

You can re-install SP 1 after you installed NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3.

Comment

Originally posted by O66-nl View Post
                  Are you kidding? uninstalling Sp1?
                  There is another alternative. 7.03 will install with SP1 already installed if you *completely* uninstall 7.0, which means to delete (or rename or move) the "Ninjatrader 7" folder from the user documents folder. That will mean that you start over from scratch on all configuring it, historical data, etc. But that is an alternative.

Comment

I did see the critical info warning box. I guess I didn't give it the due diligence it demanded. I forgot I had seen it when SP1 was released. But, it is true that I did see it, so I have myself to blame for forgetting.

Even so, it does seem quite strange to me that the SP1 is such a big issue. All the press on SP1 is that it is pretty much a non-issue, insubstantial update. I wish you would have made the upgrade on this not require the removal of SP1. But, as I said, I did see the notice so I can't really complain.

Comment

thanks.

i renamed Ninjatrader 7 in documents to ninjatrader7 old
                      installed rc3
                      then renamed the new ninjatrader 7 folder to ninjatrader new
                      renamed ninjatrader7 old to original name ninjatrader7
                      in My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom i deleted all files (only the files in root)
                      and started ninja without a problem.
                      everything is working except my finalg tpo chart, Have to reinstall that one
                      Last edited by O66-nl; 02-28-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O66-nl View Post
                        i renamed Ninjatrader 7 in documents to ninjatrader7 old
                        installed rc3
                        then renamed the new ninjatrader 7 folder to ninjatrader new
                        renamed ninjatrader7 old to original name ninjatrader7
                        in My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom i deleted all files (only the files in root)
                        and started ninja without a problem.
                        everything is working except my finalg tpo chart, Have to reinstall that one
                        Huh, I didn't think to do that to get back my customizations. Thanks for the tip. I help you, you help me. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by pakricard View Post
                          Hi:

My computer just automatically updated to Windows 7 SP1.
                          Tried to start Ninja Trader 7.0 as usual but every time I get an error
                          "Ninja Trader application has stopped working"Windows is checking for a solution (which, obviously, has not found yet).

How to solve this issue?

Thanks,
                          pak

I have a new NT7 installation and I'm having this issue as well. I've tried to follow a few tweaks from the forum but nothing seems to work. I've probably uninstalled, deleted NT7 files and reinstalled over 10 times. Last tweak I did was install SSERuntime. The one suggestion I didnt follow is the one above my post coz I cant follow whats he did to fix his issue. Anyway, I'm getting desperate.

btw..it installed and runs properly on my XP machine
                          Last edited by enagyzer; 09-06-2012, 11:35 PM. Reason: add more detail

Comment

Hello enagyzer,

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Updated to Windows 7 SP1 and NT 7.0 stopped working' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20120907 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20120907 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

Thanx for the help Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM