CQG data vs Zen-Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG data vs Zen-Fire

Has anyone switched to CQG data yet? I currently use Zen-Fire / Rithmic and am curious if the data is faster, slower, no difference? Any experiences appreciated.

Hi Tdschulz,

I currently testing AMP/CQG against ZenFire. At the moment I would say ZenFire is a bit faster and the Level2 quotes update process looks much better.
    With my demo version of CQG/AMP I don't recieve any historical data from CQG. The data that you get are the recorded ZenFire data from the Ninja servers.

Comment

No support of static dome

I've switched and am not happy thus far. Big problem is that they currently only support a dynamic dome. Annoying if you've paid for the Ninja license and are used to a static dome.

Comment

Have not switched to CQG but am planning to give it a shot as soon as the next release of NT comes out. Looks like there are some pro's and cons. Pros being the supported indexes that are not available with ZenFire. Cons are the issue with the Static Dom or should I say lack thereof.

Suppose each NT, AMP user will have to decide which is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneyflow2 View Post
          I've switched and am not happy thus far. Big problem is that they currently only support a dynamic dome. Annoying if you've paid for the Ninja license and are used to a static dome.
          The Static SuperDOM will be made available as an option. You must route your request to your broker to have your SuperDOM switched to static. You can do this starting tomorrow or next Monday.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray, thank you for your answers. Can you please clarify something else for me, because I'm getting nowhere with my broker on this one.
            Now I'm getting real-time ZF feed, unfiltered, and free historical data from NT, which is ZF feed recorded by NT right from ZF servers in Chicago.
            If I'm connected to CQG, I'll be getting CQG real-time feed, filtered, and free historical data from NT, which is CQG feed,recorded by NT from CQG servers in Chicago. Is that correct? Just trying to verify info from the other forum.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ray, I also would greatly appreciate an answer to Sergio's question. And also was there work being done to the CQG feed today? I had many instances of brief outages. And I do think it was an internet issue because I would stay connected to the Zenfire feed while I lost the CQG feed.

Comment

Correction-- I do not think it was an internet connection issue.

Comment

Sergio,

The answer on your question is that this is a correct statement.
                  EDIT: CQG Data is not filtered and the historical data is not filtered. I had misread your post.

Jack,H

On your question would need you to send into support at ninjatrader dot com through help->Mail To Support in the control center on this as we would need into log and trace files and times and dates this occured as I do not have any other complaints from other customers on CQG on this.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 02-11-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Sergio,

I misread your statement.

CQG Data is not filtered just as the zenfire data is unfiltered. Therefor the ZQG data is recorded unfiltered on NinjaTrader servers.

Comment

Brett, As I said the date for many brief disconnections was today. And I guess the answer to my question was. No comment relative to work being done on the CQG feed. Well another question for clarification-- If I have both the Zenfire feed and the CQG feed is their really a choice about which one I request for historical data. In other words is CQG data and Zenfire data saved on two distinct Ninja Trader historical data servers.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                        Sergio,

I misread your statement.

CQG Data is not filtered just as the zenfire data is unfiltered. Therefor the ZQG data is recorded unfiltered on NinjaTrader servers.
                        Hi Brett,
                        Thanks for your answer, so the info was correct and NT will use their own servers to accumulate real time data from CQG and supply it as historical data.

Not quite sure about "unfiltered" though...it's not raw. From their website: "CQG created proprietary software to help our Data Quality team to monitor and correct data quickly.", - isn't that filtering?

Thank you.

Comment

CQG not charting

i recently comverted to CQG. tick, add, dvol, trin, uvol vix and vol while provided and updating in market analyzer will not chart. any ideas.

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone respond on this shortly at the latest Monday.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

thank you

thanks, have a great weekend

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator