Multiple Connections to Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Connections to Interactive Brokers

I have an IB IRA and a business account. My wife and I have separate logons for each, and we each have our own live NT license. With the simulated accounts, there are six possible connections. I usually have two or three instances of IB open at the same time reflecting logins to the two live account and one of the sims.
    For the NT connections:
    1. Does each connection have to have a different port address, and, if so, could you supply me with 6 valid port addresses that I could use to cover the possible connections?
    2. When running the NT connection Wizard, do I need to create a different Client ID number for each connection?
    3. Is there anything else that I need to do to make this work?

Hi Sgordet,

Thank you for your post.

The setup on IB for multiple connections depends on if your account are all under 1 user anme and password, if they are you only need to setup 1 "Account connection" if not you will need a different port and ClientID for each.

1. The ports are configured in a numerical order starting with 7496 the next would be 7497 then 7498 and up.

2. Only if your user name and password are different for each account then each "Account connection" will require a different ClientID.

3. No other configuration of NinjaTrader is needed as the above will allow you to connect to all your accounts and trade them.
    LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post poplagelu  
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes