IB data inaccurate????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB data inaccurate????

In testing a strategy this morning using my IB feed, I ran into a problem. The low of the first 3 min bar on NT with an IB feed was 815.1 on ER2. The low on the first 3 min bar on Tradestation was 814.4. IB did not reach this number until the fourth minute (when looking at 1 min bars). So it appears that TS was right and IB was behind.

Is TS data generally better than IB? I can use either, do I would like to use the best.

Unfortunately we are unable to comment on the data quality of the providers we do support. May be the community could share some thoughts?!?

Comment

Unfortunatley you pay for what you get with data quality and IB is free and just not up to scratch as it is heavily filtered. I use IB as my broker and they are great for low cost comms and variety of markets but they are not a data feed service. Look into OPen tick though as they are free plus exchange feeds . The best feed I have found is Zen fire through Mirus but not as good for me as they only cover US and Eurex futures but if that is all you need they are worth thinking about as it is VERY fast feed

Cheers

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Unfortunately we are unable to comment on the data quality of the providers we do support. May be the community could share some thoughts?!?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post SantoshXX  
      Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DanielTynera