Importing indicators to v7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am trying to import indicators to MT v7 but I keep getting a popup: "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File"
    I tried removing any scripts from my computer but can't seem to get it to import...what can I do?
    Thanks
    John

Hi John,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, Thanks for the response...I opened v6.5 and the 3 indicators that I use are not even listed when I open edit ninja script but they are working in v6.5. V7 won't even allow me to import...as soon as I click import ninja script I immediately get the popup I referred to earlier. I'm at a loss here and don't know what to do.
      Thanks
      John

Comment

John,

Before you're able to import new indicators, all the existing indicators on your PC need to be free of errors. That's what we're trying to address with the steps in post # 2.

As NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies at the same time, it doesn't really matter which script you select to compile. Once you have compiled, please provide me with an image of the error reporting section of the window, and I should be able to further advise.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

same issue screen attached

Dear Kile,

I also have a same problem as described by previous user I have done steps as per your advise and found the issue. I try to remove script in question but wasn't able to, just don't know where is delete button I guess LOL. Would you please be so king and walk me through it. I am attaching a screen shot of an error.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cassiopea View Post
            Dear Kile,

I also have a same problem as described by previous user I have done steps as per your advise and found the issue. I try to remove script in question but wasn't able to, just don't know where is delete button I guess LOL. Would you please be so king and walk me through it. I am attaching a screen shot of an error.
            Hello,

Please take the following steps to remove the reference:
            • From the Control Center, click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicators.
            • In the edit indicators menu, double click on any indicator to load it's code.
            • In the code window, click F5 to compile.
            • Next, right click in the code window and select References.
            • In the references window, if a reference to HOP_NT7_1.dll exists, select it and then press delete.
            • Next please re-compile the script and let me know if the error is still there.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses