Trendline help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trendline help needed

I follow a Channeling strategy, it appears that NT cannot handle Channels.
    Basically I draw trendlines (TL) & parallel TL (= Channels) all day. So this function needs to be fast and adjustable.

I need to update TL properties to include not just color, width & style (which you have) but also from the properties:
    1. turn extensions (off, right, left, both)
    2. Make a parallel line (make a Channel). The parallel line ALWAYS has the slope/characteristics of the original line and is simply moved up or down for placement.
    3. Enable/Disable a TL alert (if price crosses the TL)
    Ideally, I can define via code the width of the Channels between intial drawing points, however, manual moving the parallel line is acceptable.
    I'd like the extension end to be separate from the two points that define slope (in other words) extension shoiuld not always be infinite -- the charts become to cluttered to be readable).

Are TLs considered an indicator? How do I customize?
    And can you provide me with the starting code for drawing lines & rays if these needed enhancements will not be in v6.5?

Thanks!

Hi Lost Trader:

TL's are considered customized drawing tools and are setup similar to customized indicators.

Please take a look at our Tuturial on how to creat custom drawing tools.
    Instructions can be found here (Click on the upper right arrows to scroll through the topic)

For further assistance, I would suggest consulting with one of our NinjaScript experts.

I have included a list of these consultants in the link below:

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan, I've being reviewing the Help section on the custom CCI -- that is still an indicator calculated not manually (interactively) drawn.

Chart F3, F4, etc - where's that code -- I can pattern match to get what is needed, which would also help y'all out. How does the code put the chart interactivity into Draw mode, how are the mouse clicks fed to the code, so a line can be drawn. I understand that given this fraework, I can use the functions Draw___() to put what is desired on the chart.

'Course then I'll ask how to assign my code to an F key...

Thanks for the consultant refernce; however, I cannot farm this out, and that would not really help me in the long term. I believe I can do this but need a starting framework...
      Thanks!

Comment

>> Chart F3, F4, etc - where's that code -- I can pattern match to get what is needed, which would also help y'all out.
        Unfortunately that is beyond the level of what we support. Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

I was offerring to help, but you've said no;
          I sincerely hope y'all fix these issues in v6.5 because NT is unusable for Channel Trading in its current form.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM