Failed to verify license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to verify license

I am getting an error message when I load Ninjatrader 7. Been using for months with no issues with the same firewall for Windows 7.

"Ninjatrader is having problems connecting to its' license servers"

I turned off the firewall with no success. The internet connection is fine.

I use Mirus Zenfire.

Need some assistance. I've attached the error message jpg.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi rlohmeyer,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure whether this has been tried already, but if not, please restart your PC, modem and router, then load NinjaTrader and see if the issue persists.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few minutes.

Hi:

I have the same problem last friday (4th Mar). Been using the same setup for months on Windows 7 with no problem. Then last friday when I tried to load NT, I got the same mssage the whole day. I restarted modem, router and laptop. And even try to connect without router. I only manage to load NT successfully at night. I am in Asia Pacific region. And I uses Interactive Brokers.
      And this morning I have the same problem. Has the T&C for free license been change to allow connection only during US hours? If not, any idea what went wrong?

Thanx.

Comment

Hello oracle,

Thanks for reporting this.

Have you checked with your ISP on this? There's nothing within NinjaTrader's licensing component which changes throughout the day, so it's likely you're seeing some sort of fluctuation on the ISP level.

Comment

oracle,

1.) When you get a chance, please remove the trace file as it contains some personal informaiton you may not want to share on a public forum.

2.) The behavior indicates external networking issues - we recommend following up with your ISP.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I don't think it has anything to do with the ISP. I have been trying to start NT the whole day without success. I have also disabled my firewall and windows defender. While this is going on, IB remains connected and prices are refreshing the whole day.

Please advice...

Thanks.

Comment

Hello oracle,

As I understand it, this occurs only during one part of the day. If you make no changes on your end, you will be able to connect to our licensing servers later on - this confirms that no firewall issue is in play.

Our licensing servers have been running without issue for several weeks - this rules out an issue on our side.

The only other possibilities then are an issue in your network or with your ISP.

Since, without changes to your network structure, things function later in the day, this would rule out an issue with your network setup.

This being the case, I highly recommend that you contact your ISP for assistance with this issue.

Comment

Hi Kyle:

Yes, it did occurred only during one part of the day, last friday. But I tried the whole of monday without success using the same network setup.
                May I know what are the IP addresses of the license servers and how to check whether anything is blocking them from our PC?
                The only message dialog box I got so far was " Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few minutes. ", much shorter message from what rlohmeyer get. Would it be possible to find out under what circumstances will this dialog be shown?
                Do you think it will help if I regenerate a new license?

Thanks.
                Last edited by oracle; 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Hello oracle,

1.) I'll PM you the licensing server and IP information.

2.) The error message you provided indicates that NinjaTrader is not able to reach it's licensing servers.

3.) A new license would not address the core of the issue, which is connectivity. The key itself is likely fine.

Comment

" Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few minutes. "

Hi, Kyle:

I'v faced the same issue. After the installation NT asked the license number. I entered the free one but NT showed the message " Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few minutes. "
                    As I understand there are some connection problems with your licence server and my computer.

Could you send me the IP information of the license servers.

I'd like to ping this IP adresses.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

You would ping www.ninjatrader.com to verify access to the license server.

-Brett

Comment

Also, other issues that can cause license problems.

->Please make sure date and time is correct on the PC. For example I've seen where the year was set to 2009 on some PC's.

->Firewall software: Please try uninstalling firewall software for a quick test.

Comment

Hi, Brett

I can't ping www.ninjatrader.com from the windows's console, but my browser opens this site. The firewall is disabled.

Are there any other ways to shoot my problem?

Comment

Yes, do you have another PC we could do a quick test on by any chance?

Also I believe ping is disabled on the servers so you would not be able to ping. However if you can bring up www.ninjatrader.com you should be good to go.

Can you also, go to https://www.ninjatrader.com/

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi, Brett

May be we should add an exact route on the firewall to the license servers?
                              And what port should be opened on the firewall?

Thank you for assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Max238
                              by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses