Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Days in the Chart

Hi,

I use eSignal data for charting. I noticed the following problem that appears to occur frequently:

when I loaded a 5 min chart of YM today and scrolled back the data from the end of 18th October to the start of 23rd October was missing. Please see the attached screen shots.

Questions:

1) Can you please explain why this problem occurs?

2) What is the solution?

3) How do I avoid this problem in the future?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rama.
    Attached Files

Try reloading your data. You can do this from Tools->Historical Data->Reload.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Rama,

Thank you for your post.

As NinjaTrader is not a data service provider the program will only display the data that it receives from your eSignal connection. After the data has been displayed it will save that information to the chart via your NT database. If you were not using eSignal to chart the data for the specific contract during these days the chart will not populate information for the unused days. Luckily this is a very easy fix. To resolve, via the NinjaTrader control center go to Tools à Historical Data à Reload... Then enter the dates that are missing historical data into the range section within the ‘reload historical data’ window and click the ‘OK’ button. Your charts will now reload the historical data for the dates that you have entered.

For more information regarding the reloading of historical data please view our user guide section here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Reload.html
      Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
        Try reloading your data. You can do this from Tools->Historical Data->Reload.
        Hi Josh,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Sincerely,

Rama.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
          Hello Rama,

Thank you for your post.

As NinjaTrader is not a data service provider the program will only display the data that it receives from your eSignal connection. After the data has been displayed it will save that information to the chart via your NT database. If you were not using eSignal to chart the data for the specific contract during these days the chart will not have populated information. Luckily this is a very easy fix. To resolve, via the NinjaTrader control center go to Tools à Historical Data à Reload... Then enter the dates that are missing historical data into the range section within the ‘reload historical data’ window and click the ‘OK’ button. Your charts will now reload the historical data for the dates that you have entered.

For more information regarding the reloading of historical data please view our user guide section here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Reload.html
          Hi Eamon,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will try the solution you and Josh have suggested.

Sincerely,

Rama.

Comment

In NT 6.5 just around the corner there will be an option within a chart to reload historical data from your connected provider should there be a gap for whatever reason.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              In NT 6.5 just around the corner there will be an option within a chart to reload historical data from your connected provider should there be a gap for whatever reason.
              Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad to hear that version 6.5 will have the option of reloading the data from the data provider. I hope this feature of NT will resolve permanently the problem of "missing days". This problem has, to some extent, frustrated and put off some of the users. It is a pity because NT does an excellent job of displaying and charting the real time market data. In my view, the visual display of data plays a crucial role in successful (chart) pattern recognition in real time and consequently better trade execution. The first comment I invariably hear from any one who looks at the NT chart for the first time is about the strikingly simple, clean and aesthetically pleasing look of the NT chart.

With best wishes for a bright future for your company and NT!

Sincerely,

Rama.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post cls71
              by cls71