Combining Zen-fire and Kinetick EOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining Zen-fire and Kinetick EOD

I am using a pivot point indicator with my trading. Zen-fire does not provide the EOD settlement data but it appears that Kinetick does. How can I use both feeds?

When I try Zen-fire first and then Kinetick the indicator gets the data for it's calculations from Zen-fire.

When I put Kinetick first my 233 tick chart is not correct. I get a big bar around the time I start the chart that represents multiple bars when I run Zen-fire by itself.

Hi BobTN,

Connecting to Kineitck EOD first, then to Zen-Fire should do the trick for you. As the Kinetick EOD feed offers data in daily intervals only, there should be no effect on the tick charts.

Can you please connect in this order, then right click in your tick chart and reload historical data to see if this corrects your display?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought that should work but something is not set up correctly.

How do I add a picture to this post so I can show you what is happening?

Comment

OK I think I found how to attach a picture. Here goes.

Note that the Zen-Fire only chart shows this afternoons activity but the one with Kinetick first jumps to a single bar for the whole day. It does start charting correctly from there but there are not any bars for the first part of the day.
        Attached Files

Comment

BobTN,

Which session template are you using in these images?
          Are the charts 233 tick charts (I can't see the title bar)?

Comment

I am using CME index ETH

Yes they are 233 tick

The only difference in the setup between the 2 charts is which connections are open.

Comment

Here is the same Kinetick and Zen-fire after it has been running for a while plus the settings
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi BobTN,

When connected only to Kinetick EOD, please middle mouse click on the most current bar and record it's date/time stamps.

Next, connect to Zen-Fire and check the most current bar again.

What values for date/time are you seeing?

Comment

As requested. You can see from the 2 charts that the results are different.

I'm not sure what this is telling you. If you look at the previous chart you can see that when Kinetick was started 1st and Zen-fire 2nd that the chart skipped from the previous close to approximately 13:00 CT today. The skip is the problem.

Comment

Lost the charts. Trying again
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi BobTN,

This is a matter of the Kinetick EOD feed not providing data in the interval this chart uses When connecting to Zen-Fire, you're finally working with a data source that offers the tick data. As this is the case, it would be as we'd expect that the chart jump forward to more current data when connected to this source.

Comment

What about the historical data stored on my PC? This jump forward happens when I have been running Zen-fire by itself, disconnect, then connect to Kinetick and Zen-fire.

If gap and jump in the chart is the expected result then NinjaTrader needs new expectations. If one connection does not have the interval then all the information should be pulled from the other connection as if the first connection was not active.

Comment

BobTN,

When testing on my end by connecting to Zen-Fire, loading a Es 03-11 233 tick chart with the CME US INDEX FUTURES ETH template, then disconnecting from Zen-Fire, connecting to Kinetick EOD, then reconnecting to Zen-Fire, I see no change in the bars on the chart.

What I'd suggest is that you delete all ES 03-11 historical data from your PC and test again. The steps required to remove the historical data are outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/editing.htm

Comment

Today I get the same results as you after I deleted all the historical data, started Kinetick and then Zen-fire.

Then I did a reload historical data with both connections open and got the gap. It looks like the reload only uses the first connection instead of all the connections. If that is the case it needs to be fixed.

Comment

BobTN,

Please remove the historical data once more, then walk me through the specific steps you're taking so I can see if I'm able to replicate your result on my end.

As I've mentioned, the Kinetick EOD feed should have no impact whatsoever on any non-daily interval chart so if there is something strange occurring, development would likely need to take a look.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Anfedport  
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes